Rake Power Rake Rentals

/ Power Rake Rentals #1  

Buckeyeman

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota T2290
I need to rent a power rake to level out my yard after having 35 loads of dirt brought in. I have 3 acres and I hired a guy with a dozer to knock it down and kind of grade it, but now I need to power rake it. I have a Kubota B7610 w/o rear hydraulic hook-ups. The question is do I really need the rear hook-ups to angle the unit, or are there brands of power rakes that can manually angle the unit. The Kubota dealer wants $600 for the rear hydraulic kit and after this is done I'll probably never use the rear hook-ups again.

/ Power Rake Rentals #2  
This is just an educated guess but power rakes are usually professional only type of implement and the pros are all going have remotes for power angling. That said I'd be surprised if any rental company stocked one without a power angle (I wouldn't). If you're sure you'll never need the remotes and don't want to spring for the $600, consider using a non powered implement. (I just bought a gill pulverizer to drag our horse arena. It has a double row of scarifier teeth in front followed by a roller that has spikes welded all over it. it levels the high spots, crushes lumps, and leaves a nice level seed bed.

/ Power Rake Rentals #3  
My local rental center has a Harley rake (real Harley brand) 5 footer with a manual angle. Works great on my B7800! I have finished 5 ac. with it.

/ Power Rake Rentals #4  
is a harley rake that much better than a york rake when the dirt isnt packed hard?

/ Power Rake Rentals #5  
A power rake will do an awesome job...make the area perfectly level, windrow any rocks, and leave the perfect seed bed fast. Is this the only tool....no. It is used by professional landscapers that need to get in and get out. if you use a york rake be sure it has gauge wheels. This will help fill the low spots and level out the area. Try not to go over the new soil too much, otherwise the soil will compact and it will become more difficult to spread. I've never used the gill pulverizer, but I think that would work good as well. For your interest here is a pic after I used a power rake...wish I would have gotten a before pic...

Attachments

• DSC01752.JPG
    DSC01752.JPG
    561.8 KB · Views: 300
   / Power Rake Rentals #6  
Ive got the york with gauge. I've used that after rototilling with good results

Pic looks nice, how was it before?

/ Power Rake Rentals #7  
Most new Harley rakes have remote angle you can ask for manual if you dont have remotes rentals may be different. If there is alot of rocks it could be worth the rental rate in laybor. The Gill pulverizer also does a good job but you have to work it more and there will be some rocks to pick up.

/ Power Rake Rentals
pashworth said:
My local rental center has a Harley rake (real Harley brand) 5 footer with a manual angle. Works great on my B7800! I have finished 5 ac. with it.

That's good to know, was it a real time saver?

I also forgot to mention I have rock hard clay soil with a lot of rocks. I want to get the soil ready for seeding, then I'll be renting a seeder.