Power Beyond on 3R

/ Power Beyond on 3R #1  

WinterDeere

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 3033R; JD 855 MFWD
Seeing the awkward way my hose is routed, basically interfering with the rock shaft, I’m nearly convinced my dealer did something non-standard in installing the power beyond kit on my new 3033R. Anyone got a photo of a power beyond kit on a newer 3R of any size?

/ Power Beyond on 3R #2  
WD
How about you putting up a photo of what you have that is awkward..?? Maybe can get an helpful comment or two with yours to look at.
And a couple shots of how it interferes with the rock shaft.

/ Power Beyond on 3R
Well, I always see others routing the hose under the rock shaft, as I did on my old tractor. Here’s a good video that shows the same in a 3046R:

Explaining Tractor Remotes, SCV's, 3rd, 4th, 5th Function, Power Beyond, & Electric Diverter Kits - YouTube

Here’s another I found online, with both 3rd SCV and power beyond (like mine), with hose routed under rock shaft arm:

View attachment 633520

But for some reason my dealer routed the hose up and over, and then had to zip tie it up to the 3rd SCV port frame real hard to keep the rock shaft from rigging it:

IMG_1090.jpg

The result is any load on the hydraulics causes a change in stiffness if that hose, and pulls down on the whole 3rd SCV port mounting frame, like it’s going to bend it.

Update: I re-routed it when I went out to the barn this morning. I had to loosen and rotate the elbow on the QC make fitting, but here’s how I have it now:

IMG_1092.jpg

/ Power Beyond on 3R
BTW, anyone know what this spare QC male is? It appears to be plumbed into rear of 3rd channel SCV:

IMG_1093.jpg

/ Power Beyond on 3R
Update 2: I also had to remove the seat to spin the elbow at the other end of the power beyond line, as they had it facing up instead of down, and rock shaft was now hitting line when I lowered it. All fixed now, but irritated that my dealer who sells a lot of these doesn’t seem to know how this kit should have been routed. Amateur hour crap.

/ Power Beyond on 3R #6  
BTW, anyone know what this spare QC male is? It appears to be plumbed into rear of 3rd channel SCV:

View attachment 633530

That is the direct return to the tank, you will use that when using the Power Beyond to supply power to a backhoe. The 3PH is disabled when it's used.

/ Power Beyond on 3R
That is the direct return to the tank, you will use that when using the Power Beyond to supply power to a backhoe. The 3PH is disabled when it's used.

Thanks, Ken. The dealer didn’t give me any paperwork or manual with the PB kit, that I’ve seen in the stuff they gave me. When using my dump wagon on my old machine, which didn’t have that extra port, I’d just run from the PB hose to the fitting into which the hose is normally plugged. Any idea how I should run the dump wagon on this machine? I need to see if I can find a PB kit manual, somewhere.

/ Power Beyond on 3R #8  
To plumb the wagon (assuming it has it's own separate Open Center Valve?) or a logsplitter, you'd want those inline with the loop as ii is connected now, that way you retain the use of the 3PH, just get the proper connectors to plug it inline. JD wants the 3PH disabled when the hoe is mounted, so they use this direct return to do that.

/ Power Beyond on 3R
To plumb the wagon (assuming it has it's own separate Open Center Valve?) or a logsplitter, you'd want those inline with the loop as ii is connected now, that way you retain the use of the 3PH, just get the proper connectors to plug it inline. JD wants the 3PH disabled when the hoe is mounted, so they use this direct return to do that.

Got it. Yeah, dump wagon has an open center valve, actually the valve I used is marketed for 3pt log splitters. Thanks!

/ Power Beyond on 3R #10  
My older gen1, bottom exhaust, 3046er does not have the EH 3rd SCV. The PB hoses mount to a black cross bar above and right of the rock shaft. The rubber PB loop is not close enough to the rock shaft to make notice of.