Poulan Chainsaw not starting

/ Poulan Chainsaw not starting #11  
If you now have spark and compression, the starting fluid should pop. Fuel lines (and filter) are the next probable issue, although 4 years are not much. I had to replace the lines on my Poulan and it's not an expensive or particularly difficult job. However, mine was almost 20 years old when it needed it.

/ Poulan Chainsaw not starting #12  
As someone who just went through all of that with my 14 year old Craftsman (Poulan) saw, don't bother. Sure the carb is only $15 and the gasket kit is only $8.95 and on and on till you spend waaaaayy too much trying to fix it when you can get one from DirectTools.com for $99.

Steve got a $63 14" Ryobi 37cc instead. (and wasted other money on useless parts)

/ Poulan Chainsaw not starting #13  
Update here, I found no spark at the plug so my neighbor who knows some replaced the coil saying, yup that's what it was. Still won't fire up. Brought it the local repair shop and he says Nope, Poulan is a $100 saw, throw it away and start again.

Really?

Really.............:laughing:

/ Poulan Chainsaw not starting #15  
A few years ago my father in law bought a Poulan at Lowes. They got it running and he took it home and used it once. Next time it wouldn't start. He took it back and the guy at the store got it started. He used it once and the next time he needed it, no start. Asked me what to do and I told him to get his money back and get a Stihl. He took it back to the store, got his money back, and gave $20-30 more for a little Stihl. He makes sure he uses non ethanol gas and it starts every single time on the second or third pull.

My advice is to junk the Poulan, chalk it off as a lesson learned, and buy a Stihl from a shop that works on what they sell. Ten years from now you will be money ahead.

RSKY

/ Poulan Chainsaw not starting #16  
Any saw marketed by a company that specializes in vacuum cleaners has to be top shelf.....:laughing:

/ Poulan Chainsaw not starting #17  
There are several small equipment repair shops in town...in every one there is more Stihl brand saws, trimmers, blowers etc. in for repairs than about any other brand...

Before replacing the coil on any piece of equipment...it's prudent to check the kill switch leads etc. for shorts that will prevent a spark...

To check a coil remove the plug and hold the wire in a hand and hold it against the head...slowly pull the cord or spin the crank...if the coil is working you will feel it...

/ Poulan Chainsaw not starting #18  
There are several small equipment repair shops in town...in every one there is more Stihl brand saws, trimmers, blowers etc. in for repairs than about any other brand...

Before replacing the coil on any piece of equipment...it's prudent to check the kill switch leads etc. for shorts that will prevent a spark...

To check a coil remove the plug and hold the wire in a hand and hold it against the head...slowly pull the cord or spin the crank...if the coil is working you will feel it...

and wake up a while later about 10 feet away from where you were standing :)

/ Poulan Chainsaw not starting #19  
Any saw marketed by a company that specializes in vacuum cleaners has to be top shelf.....:laughing:

Nice to know your opinion on Husqvarna products. Sarcasm intended.

/ Poulan Chainsaw not starting #20  
**** vacuum won't start again...!

men-vacumn_zpsfdc9a27c.gif