Potential power increase for CK2610?

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #41  
The common rail systems on the higher hp tractors are Delphi Korea. At least the controller is Delphi, based on my ck4010. I didn’t look at the pump, but the controller and pump would almost certainly be from the same vendor.

The PLN mechanical systems on the low hp tractors may be Bosch, based on a search I did that got shut down almost immediately after opening, by my virus detection software.

Your pump should have a manufacturer’s tag on it.

No reputable manufacturer will sell a pump seal over the counter.

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #42  
I'd like to find out who manufactures the injection pumps and if I can purchase a new rack limit screw cap.
It depends on the tractor. I purchased a few for my DK55 from the dealer. They are an over the counter service part.

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #43  
The dealer told me they shimed the injection pump for me and i should have close to 35 hp . All i can say is my 2610 has far more power than my CK27 ever had. I can take off in high ( hst) and climb fairly good grades with ease. What ever shimming means I have no idea but they said they were detuned for emission reasons.

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #44  
The dealer told me they shimed the injection pump for me and i should have close to 35 hp . All i can say is my 2610 has far more power than my CK27 ever had. I can take off in high ( hst) and climb fairly good grades with ease. What ever shimming means I have no idea but they said they were detuned for emission reasons.
Interested to see if more people have done this. I really want a 2610SE cab, but I drive up some steep hills and am worried about power in medium gear.

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #45  
This does not make sense. The Bosch style pump uses shims to set the timing. If you increase the shim thickness, you actually change the timing and also reduce the volume of fuel per stroke. If you shim the pump, you reduce the fuel delivery at the same rack position. You change the rack limit set screw then to increase the the max fuel to get back to the max HP.

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #46  
This does not make sense. The Bosch style pump uses shims to set the timing. If you increase the shim thickness, you actually change the timing and also reduce the volume of fuel per stroke. If you shim the pump, you reduce the fuel delivery at the same rack position. You change the rack limit set screw then to increase the the max fuel to get back to the max HP.
How much does it cost to "shim the injection pump" vs adjusting a set screw?
Asking for a friend... ;)

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #47  
I have or had 23, 33, & 35 hp NH models with the same HST system, tire sizes, weight, o'all size. None like Med range on hills with a full bucket, flail running, etc. It's not the engine hp its the HST motor going into relief at its torque limit. Not everyone lets up on the HST pedal for hills, often doing the worst by mashing it instead. (one guy who did traded from 25hp up to 40hp so he could)

I do a lot of shifting with the range selector at a full stop and w/o using the clutch for anything but starting and engaging PTO. Just my own experience with <40hp CUTs. (ongoing) btw, my 26hp has 2 range (vs the NHs' 3s) and my Kioti Mechron has more pull for say the sand-filled 2' x 4' lawn roller or pulling the boat up-shore as water rises in the fall. Low is too slow and High has no guts. Be glad when you have three ranges, ... and use 'em.

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #48  
Interested to see if more people have done this. I really want a 2610SE cab, but I drive up some steep hills and am worried about power in medium gear.
Mine ( 2610 )will climb any hill your willing to climb in M gear. I plowed snow all morning in m gear . I live on a mt side and plowed going up as well as down.

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #49  
Mine ( 2610 )will climb any hill your willing to climb in M gear. I plowed snow all morning in m gear . I live on a mt side and plowed going up as well as down.
Then your the guy i needed to talk to! I have been hesitate only because I wasnt sure. My whole reason for upgrading is more for getting a heavier machine and usable M range, most of my work is loader and snowblowing, i live on hill side down to the water and i want to keep it open in the winter. appreciate you sharing not sure if you have any pics of your hillside, mine must be about a 30% incline id say driving up

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #50  
How much does it cost to "shim the injection pump" vs adjusting a set screw?
Asking for a friend... ;)
Shimming the pump is to set the timing. The shims only cost a few dollars. The labor takes a lot of time. I was just surprised to read that a dealer recommended shims to increase HP.