Post your dream property(s)

/ Post your dream property(s) #1  

Wakey

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere Z915B Zero Turn 54 Deck
It's kinda winter so there isn't as much going on so...

Here is my current fav. I'm ready to sign a contract, all I need is the money. :laughing:

The top left of the page has a gallery with 33 pictures and I've attached a grab showing it from the satellite view.

Residential for sale in Eatonton, Georgia, 49152

Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 4.00.12 PM.png

I realize many of you already live on your dream property so post up if you want.

/ Post your dream property(s) #2  
I do this sometimes. If I sold my place, where could I go live where I would be surrounded by elk and mule deer. My two favorite animals. Add aspen trees to that and it would be perfection!!! I even lie to myself that I could get used to dealing with snow if I had a really great view.

Land, Farms & Ranches for Sale - LandsofAmerica.com

My wife and I go on vacations to the Rocky Mountains, from New Mexico, all through Colorado and Wyoming, and parts of Montana. We love it all, but have started noticing things that we don't like and don't want to live with. Driving some of those roads in the mountains are scary, and traffic, especially in Colorado, can be really bad. Place in Wyoming are really affordable, but everything is so far away that it's an hour one way just to get gas. Then after having fun day dreaming about other place, we always come back to where we are now and really haven't found anything with what we already have that's better, or worth the effort in moving and starting over again.

/ Post your dream property(s) #3  
It's kinda winter so there isn't as much going on so...

Here is my current fav. I'm ready to sign a contract, all I need is the money. :laughing:

The top left of the page has a gallery with 33 pictures and I've attached a grab showing it from the satellite view.

Residential for sale in Eatonton, Georgia, 49152

View attachment 539070

I realize many of you already live on your dream property so post up if you want.

Wakey

That place certainly has potential but it would take a lot of $$ to bring the house back to where I would want it and would take a lot of $$ to maintain, but I agree the property is very pretty.

/ Post your dream property(s) #4  
My dream property when I was young was plenty of wooded land. Then as I aged, plenty of wooded land where it was warm, with good medical care.
By "plenty of land" I wanted the ability to walk outside the house and fire my 12 gauge and #8 in any direction say about 100 yards.

Other important points were -
near relatives
low taxes
laws that let me build without permits
A "small" house - less to maintain
A large shop - to store my toys and work on "projects"
Good communications - roads, phone, internet

Seems like I found it -
wl-boundaries.JPG

outside-shops-cropped.jpg

/ Post your dream property(s) #5  
I have two daughters,,,

My dream would be to have 40 acres,,,,
with one daughter living to my left on their 13 acres,,,
and
with the other daughter living to my right on their 2 acres,,,

OOPS,, that is what I have!! :thumbsup: :cool2:

/ Post your dream property(s)
Then after having fun day dreaming about other place, we always come back to where we are now and really haven't found anything with what we already have that's better, or worth the effort in moving and starting over again.

Exactly the way I feel. Cold weather is only fun for playing and the beach is awesome, but there is NO WAY I'd live there either.

Wakey

That place certainly has potential but it would take a lot of $$ to bring the house back to where I would want it and would take a lot of $$ to maintain, but I agree the property is very pretty.

That is part of the mental exercise, and why I've looked at the pics many times. What I'd do to bring it up to snuff is part of the fun. Pruning trees around the structures and the pond would take a few months all by itself.

Also I think it's a plus that the USNF owns 21,000 acres mostly to the south of this property. Circled in red to the top left is the 300 acre property, the purplish color is the gov't land.

Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 12.36.44 PM.png

/ Post your dream property(s) #9  
Dream Property? I'm already there.

I have known where I am going to die for 20 years now. And we did it on our own dime, no monetary help from the family.

Ranch house, heated garage, tin shed, income from farm ground, shade trees, wind break, no neighbors and less than a mile from town.

/ Post your dream property(s) #10  
Love my place now, only home I ever bought (in my very early 40's when I bought it). Take my boys out shooting out back anytime we want, and our neighbors are great.

That said, used to live in a trailer in WV and I could paddle some of the best whitewater the East Coast has to offer right after work. That really was a dream property and I only rented it.

When my wife and I retire, we won't have much family left on the East Coast, other than our boys. May end up getting a small place in Arizona or Utah to live out our lives there.