Post your BBQ And meals

/ Post your BBQ And meals #21  
Poppers and chicken thighs.....delicious
20210808_175226.jpg

Sent from my SM-A125U using TractorByNet mobile app

/ Post your BBQ And meals #22  
I love to cook and smoking is both fun and rewarding. Unfortunately as time goes on I have fewer people to cook for. My wife is indifferent to meats as a whole and like Italian type food better. So I tend to only smoke roasts when I have people coming to visit. I have a couple nice beef roasts (strip steak roast and chuck thick-cut) in the deep freeze as well as corned beef(s) and pork roast waiting for visitors.

Ribs and Pork are my favorites and a whole (or split) smoked turkey is awesome. I've made my own smoker by combining an electric Masterbuilt and a side burner. Makes great pork shoulder (aka Boston Butt) and it can be pulled or cut into chunks or slices. I also like dry rubbed St Louis style ribs; slow cooked/smoke and then wrapped with some more brown sugar to finish. Easy on the BBQ sauce!

My friend fishes for trout every weekend and he and his son catch their limit. He does a wonderful job of marinating and then very low smoking them. I've never had better. As soon as some was ready we pick at a rack with a cold beer. Only 2/3 of the total ever made it into the house.

The oddest thing I've done (an experiment) was to smoke a corned beef brisket. It came out good, but it was even better cold the next day for sandwiches. Closer to pastrami which I also love. When I do this again I'll rub it with a crushed pepper pastrami rub.

/ Post your BBQ And meals #23  
I seasonally cold smoke various cheeses in my trusty old Weber kettle. Starting outside air temperature shouldn't be over the mid forties and kettle temp must stay under ninety degrees to avoid a possible "melt down" for a two hour cold smoke so I typically start around 5:00 a.m. I mix up a blend of fruit pellets, 75% apple and 25% cherry and load them into an A-MAZE-N stainless smoke tube which is the only source of heat. Load the Weber with cheese and smoke tube, put the lid on tight with the bottom vent wide open and the top vent adjusted accordingly.
The hardest part of this very simple procedure is allowing the vacuum packed smoked cheese to rest and develop in the refrigerator for at least two weeks before opening/tasting. I still have enough from mid April to last until my next smoke this upcoming late fall.
The last photo (not mine) is from another forum and shows what happens when you don't read the instructions that come with the A-MAZE-N smoke tube. Quoted from page 6: "After allowing your pellets to burn for 10 minutes and they are burning well, SOFTLY BLOW THE FLAME OUT." He somehow missed that step and wound up with a pan of overheated fondue. BTW, pans are never used when smoking cheese but in his case, saved a lot of serious cleanup.

Attachments

• IMG_3848.JPG
    IMG_3848.JPG
    228.1 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_4082.JPG
    IMG_4082.JPG
    198.9 KB · Views: 109
  • fondue.jpg
    fondue.jpg
    312.7 KB · Views: 106
   / Post your BBQ And meals #24  
I got one of those SS smoke tubes too. My electric smoker wouldn't generate much smoke unless it was turned up high. And the I had to open the door to restock wood. Now the electric element can keep the temp steady and the smoke tube will supply smoke. Still experimenting to see how log a half or quarter fill will smoke.

/ Post your BBQ And meals #25  
I got 14lbs of country ribs on the smoker. Natural lump oak charcoal with some chunks of mesqute thrown in.

Seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika.

Making up some maple BBQ sauce. Traying them at 2pm and finishing in the oven. Will doctor them with the maple BBQ sauce then.

Served with baked beans, fresh corn on the cob, and baked taters.

Kids will be here at 6pm with the grandkids. Will probably look like a pack of wolves decended on the food by 6:30
20220704_110418.jpg

/ Post your BBQ And meals #26  
Yesterday I slow smoked a pork butt with pecan wood chips. Today I will heat it up and sauce it for sandwiches, then grill some corn and pineapple slices. Add a side of baked beans and green salad. Watermelon for dessert.

/ Post your BBQ And meals #27  
I got one of those SS smoke tubes too. My electric smoker wouldn't generate much smoke unless it was turned up high. And the I had to open the door to restock wood. Now the electric element can keep the temp steady and the smoke tube will supply smoke. Still experimenting to see how log a half or quarter fill will smoke.
You shouldn't have to use the electric element. I smoke cheese in a standard Weber kettle in the dead of winter with only the heat that comes from the smoke tube.
I think you're flirting with a meltdown.

/ Post your BBQ And meals #28  
You shouldn't have to use the electric element. I smoke cheese in a standard Weber kettle in the dead of winter with only the heat that comes from the smoke tube.
I think you're flirting with a meltdown.
I don't use it for cold smoking, but the tube with pellets will keep the smoker about 100.
The electric element is too maintain 225 for smoking meat.