Post Driver on BX25

/ Post Driver on BX25 #1  

Megawisdumb

Bronze Member
Tractor
LX2610HSD, Z251, BX25D
Finally got some time to try a new BX25 toy yesterday. WOW. I'll never use my auger again! I slammed about 25 6" posts in a few a few hours but still have a few hundred to pound. It took between 15-20 slams to put the 8 footer at shoulder height. I do need to find a 1/4 spliter so I don't have to keep plugging the supply line to the pounder and back to the 3 pt to move to the next hole. These are much tighter than an augered post and no digging or tapping just drive to next hole. Also, while I have the 3/4 return line rigged up ok back to the res I need to make a longer neck as it drips some from after a few stroke.

/ Post Driver on BX25 #2  
Yeah, pounders are great. I'll never use an auger for posts again. My neighbor hooks the pounder supply up to one of the ports on his FEL, and uses a bungee cord to hold the lever. That way he can use the 3pt. I have a set of remotes on mine so it's easier. A top and tilt really helps with post pounding, you can level it up with the 3pt instead of cranking those handles.

/ Post Driver on BX25
Anyone know if this type value would allow me to run 3pt and pounder? I'm running pounder at very low RPM as it only raised the slammer. I haven't seen one in a 1/4 size but plenty 1/2 or 3/4 to step down.

Value.JPG

/ Post Driver on BX25 #4  
No. You want a selector valve.

/ Post Driver on BX25
Roger...something like this guy?

Selector.JPG