Portable Phone Chargers

/ Portable Phone Chargers
I have had time to charge the portable charger and use it to charge my phone. It works! Woo-hoo.

Who ever said a picture is worth a thousand words never had to decipher a pictograph set of instructions. Don't need a thousand but a couple dozen would have been helpful.

/ Portable Phone Chargers #42  
UPS delivered my Solar Charger Power Bank today. Looks to be a quality built unit and worth $22.43. Will be handy to carry with me while I'm motorcycle riding or just out somewhere for a day. My wife and I have been known to leave home and forgotten to charge my phone. And of course, that is when you find you actually need to use it!!!!

/ Portable Phone Chargers #43  
I think I can answer all your questions in one sentence...

I'm looking for a method to recharge a Samsung Galaxy S9 when we have no power to the house, the genny is out of gas and the car won't start.
Do you use a current brand of battery power tools? I have one of these, works great. Then I don't have to have to remember to keep another battery charger around. I just keep my tool batteries topped, and I am good.

/ Portable Phone Chargers
Do you use a current brand of battery power tools? I have one of these, works great. Then I don't have to have to remember to keep another battery charger around. I just keep my tool batteries topped, and I am good.

Yep, the next time I get to my local Home Depot I'll pick up Makita's battery topper/phone charger. It's only 20$

/ Portable Phone Chargers #46  
Milwaukee also has one of those USB only ones…but I think it is a waste. I saw reports of them not delivering full 2.1A current so I just got the one with all the options just in case. I have all Milwaukee but suspect there are suitable options with most of the battery systems.

Looks like the Ryobi has a 2.1A and a 1A port.

Last edited:
   / Portable Phone Chargers #48  
i guess i dont understand the need for it. i can plug the phone into my truck to charge phone in a few hours while driving.