Portable Phone Chargers

/ Portable Phone Chargers #11  
I bought an adapter for my Milwaukee 18v battery pack, since I always have a battery charged then I'm always ready.

/ Portable Phone Chargers #12  
Something like this will work for you but you have to keep them plugged in so they are charged when the power goes out.

I have a couple of the solar gizmo types and the solar is not adequate to keep them charged. They work great as long as I plug them into the wall to charge them then use them on the phone. In my case I was charging my security cameras with them.

I plan to purchase one of these to fit my DeWalt batteries one of these days. Don't know why since I have a diesel generator on the house.

/ Portable Phone Chargers
Something like this will work for you but you have to keep them plugged in so they are charged when the power goes out.
Do a quick search for "4Patriot charger"... or 4patriots power cell or solar charger...

These are the types I was thinking about. Light weight, pocket sized and powerful enough for a phone or tablet. I just don't know what brand is good enough or junk.

I have Makita tools and they have one that is powered by my battery but combination is not pocket size.

/ Portable Phone Chargers #14  
A suggestion. Google - "Fenix rechargeable flashlights". I have a Fenix LR50R. It has a massive 16,000 Mah battery that with it's USB port will charge other lights, cell phones, tablets, etc.

It's not cheap - $290 on sale - but you get a BEAST of a flash light plus a recharging station.

/ Portable Phone Chargers #15  
I'm kicking around buying one but know nothing about them. Do you have any pointers to watch for when selecting one?
How long can they be left in the kitchen junk drawer and still be useful when the time comes?
Good qestion. I use a medical device that is recharged via USB port. When we go camping for a few days, it needs to be recharged and the woods canopy here is not solar friendly. Using our truck to recharge it bits! So I bought one of those batteries made to recharge your phone. One from Wally World lasted one time. I kid you not! Got another off Amazon with good reviews and its gone for a few months but I rarly use it. Problem is the battery will run down on its own and there's not really a good way to see if its gone bad or not. Yes, you plug it in and top it off, but will it stay? Today now have one of those small sized battery's to jump start our truck and it has a USB changing port on it as well. So with two batteries along, have we doubled our chances one will work??? :rolleyes:

/ Portable Phone Chargers #16  
lol, all you need is this, anker is a good brand, and it will last for years, if you plan on not using it much at all, leave it around 80% full to prolong the life of the battery.

lol, all you need is this, anker is a good brand, and it will last for years, if you plan on not using it much at all, leave it around 80% full to prolong the life of the battery.

Is this the voice of experience I am hearing?---Are you talking about the one you have?

I have never heard of any of the brands

/ Portable Phone Chargers #18  
Is this the voice of experience I am hearing?---Are you talking about the one you have?

I have never heard of any of the brands
i own multiple power banks, anker is a good brand, you will be happy. should last multiple months between charges.

Good qestion. I use a medical device that is recharged via USB port. When we go camping for a few days, it needs to be recharged and the woods canopy here is not solar friendly. Using our truck to recharge it bits! So I bought one of those batteries made to recharge your phone. One from Wally World lasted one time. I kid you not! Got another off Amazon with good reviews and its gone for a few months but I rarly use it. Problem is the battery will run down on its own and there's not really a good way to see if its gone bad or not. Yes, you plug it in and top it off, but will it stay? Today now have one of those small sized battery's to jump start our truck and it has a USB changing port on it as well. So with two batteries along, have we doubled our chances one will work??? :rolleyes:

You mentioned medical device, that's what started this. Mrs.tiller spent a week or so in the hospital a while back and when her tablet ran out of juice, I brought in a 6' long 14 gauge power cord so she could charge it up.

The nurse suggested I take it back to my truck before someone from engineering sees it and confiscates it. They consider anything of mine plugged into their outlet is a fire hazard.

Are these chargers "all in one"? Nothing else to buy to make it work over & over again? Or do I need to buy a battery to make it work or a charger to charge up the phone-charger?