Portable Phone Chargers

/ Portable Phone Chargers #1  

bigtiller

Tractor
JD 2720 & 3039R
I'm kicking around buying one but know nothing about them. Do you have any pointers to watch for when selecting one?
How long can they be left in the kitchen junk drawer and still be useful when the time comes?

/ Portable Phone Chargers #2  
I’d buy a USB topper for one of my cordless tool batteries if I wanted one.

/ Portable Phone Chargers #3  
Okay, before I actually opine on this, I have a question or two. First, what kind of charger are you talking about? There are so many different types I believe it might be useful for anyone responding to know. Some if the many types include: Standard charging cube - cube plugs into the wall, a phone specific cable attaches to phone. Wireless charger, a charging base that works on "some phones" (it still gets plugged into household or car power). Fast chargers, Super fast chargers, battery pack you can plug your phone into, etc, etc. Second, if this post isn't actually a joke, how are you currently charging your phone?

/ Portable Phone Chargers
I think I can answer all your questions in one sentence...

I'm looking for a method to recharge a Samsung Galaxy S9 when we have no power to the house, the genny is out of gas and the car won't start.

/ Portable Phone Chargers #5  
Do a quick search for "4Patriot charger"... or 4patriots power cell or solar charger...

/ Portable Phone Chargers #6  
I have the standard "plug into the wall outlet - plug into the phone" thingy. It came with my iPhone. I can plug it into the 115V inverter in the Taco Wagon. OR I can use a USB cable at home or, again, in the Taco Wagon.

/ Portable Phone Chargers #7  
Buy a USB power pack or a 12v battery jumper/starter pack and rock on. Just make sure the mah exceeds your needs.

I use a solar battery pack made for hunting cameras in the deer blind. It has 12v 35mah battery and a small solar panel. It is all self contained and all I did was splice in a 2 wire waterproof plug that plugs into the harness that runs down one of legs. I put a dual port USB plug inside the blind and it has powered a tablet and a phone with no issues.

I attached pictures of the battery pack I use and a plug that is similar to the one mounted in the blind.
20147058.jpg
71Poo4i8lWL._AC_SS450_.jpg

/ Portable Phone Chargers #8  
If you’re talking about a portable battery pack that charges devices via USB, I’ve had a ton and they all work pretty great as long as you don’t go really small or really cheap. I keep one in my hunting pack and one in my golf bag and even after sitting all year they still have about 90% charge left which is good for about 2-3 full charges. I keep one in the car too since you never know. Another one I have has wireless charging which is really nice assuming your phone supports it. I think I maybe spent $30 on it.

/ Portable Phone Chargers #9  
I have one, about the size of a smaller cell phone but half as thick. It would probably charge your phone twice, maybe a little more. It sito around a lot but doesn’t seem to drain down.

/ Portable Phone Chargers #10  
I would DEFINITELY be considering solar recharge. This would make you completely independent of the house, car or generator. This would put your situation into what is classed as - survival mode.