PLEASE HELP: Can't Start Yanmar YM2000 after Fuel Filter Replacement

/ PLEASE HELP: Can't Start Yanmar YM2000 after Fuel Filter Replacement #1  

treedawg

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota M6800, Yanmar YM2000
Changed out the fuel filter on my Yanmar YM2000 and I can't get it to start.

I refilled the plastic fuel bowl after I replaced the filter. When I fired it up it ran for several seconds died and would not restart.

Per info I located online I then opened the pair of bleeder screws located above the fuel filter, I also opened the single bleeder screw located above the fuel pump and I also cracked open the fuel lines at the injector. I turned the engine over with starter until I got good fuel flow above the fuel filter then I closed those bleeder screws, did the same at the fuel pump then I had good flow at the injectors. I closed the lines while the motor was turning over to seal out the air. All this was done with the decompression valve open.

I assumed it would start then but no luck.

White smoke coming out of the exhaust when the engine is turning over but it's not even trying to fire.

This is a tractor that usually fires up in less than 3 seconds.

I'm at wits end. What am I missing..??

td

/ PLEASE HELP: Can't Start Yanmar YM2000 after Fuel Filter Replacement #2  
Go to the furthest cylinder from the fuel source and bleed your fuel lines.

One at a time from the furthest to the closest. Till all of the lines are burping fuel when you crank the engine.

You've just got rid the lines of air.

No big deal. It'll happen every time someone runs it out of fuel, as well.

I had a 2210 for years. Loved that tractor.

/ PLEASE HELP: Can't Start Yanmar YM2000 after Fuel Filter Replacement
I started closest to the fuel source and worked from there. It sounds like I approached it backwards.

I've done the same on my Kubota but never had any issues getting is started after cracking open the fuel lines at the injector.

THANKS FOR THE INFO...!!!!!

td

/ PLEASE HELP: Can't Start Yanmar YM2000 after Fuel Filter Replacement #5  
if you just open the 2 screws on the filter and then the one at the injection pump you wont have to fill the bowl out of the tractor or follow any of these routines, it will start fine.

But yes lesson learned the hard way.

/ PLEASE HELP: Can't Start Yanmar YM2000 after Fuel Filter Replacement #6  
Yep, you'll get good at it eventually and it's not that big a deal. I don't know how many times I've stayed out in the fields longer than I had intended and ran out of fuel. Just got to be common practice to go get the fuel can and some wrenches, take something to clean your hands.

/ PLEASE HELP: Can't Start Yanmar YM2000 after Fuel Filter Replacement #8  
#2 is confusing to me. 1 screw is before the filter. It should be bled then closed. The other is after the filter, it should be bled then closed, before going on the the pump bleeder. bleed then close.

Maybe Aaron will see this and make changes.

/ PLEASE HELP: Can't Start Yanmar YM2000 after Fuel Filter Replacement #9  
Did you check the O-Ring on the Filter Bowl. Could be sucking air from there. Make sure it's in place. I know the first time I removed my FF-Bowl mine fell out and broke it was so dry rotted. Go back and redo and check everything.

/ PLEASE HELP: Can't Start Yanmar YM2000 after Fuel Filter Replacement #10  
#2 is confusing to me. 1 screw is before the filter. It should be bled then closed. The other is after the filter, it should be bled then closed, before going on the the pump bleeder. bleed then close.
correct