Placement of doors in 40x60x14 workshop

/ Placement of doors in 40x60x14 workshop #51  
For a post-frame workshop 40' wide, 60' long, and 14' tall, with two overheads doors, each with the dimension of 12' wide and 12' tall, what would be the best placement of the two overhead doors?
If your land allows it put a door on each 40 ft side (center it on each side). Makes a drive through or access from either end. Have a 20 x 40 done like this with a 16 ft wide by 9 ft high garage door on each 20 ft side. It self vents itself in the summer creating a breeze when both ends are open. Also put a 36 inch door on each end of the 60 ft side. Easy access for just entering! Any shade trees near by will keep sun off in the morning or evening helping it stay cool. If like mine (with doors open) the temperature will be the same in mid day as being under a shade tree. I recommend no windows so prying eyes won't be tempted to borrow things When no one is home.

/ Placement of doors in 40x60x14 workshop #52  
For a post-frame workshop 40' wide, 60' long, and 14' tall, with two overheads doors, each with the dimension of 12' wide and 12' tall, what would be the best placement of the two overhead doors?
Hmmmm, maybe a MAN DOOR somewheres? As others have exclaimed "not enough information about use(s) site and such - form follows function. But for a long building like than, having the only egress on on end seems foolish absent a specific use I've not thought of (airplane hangers only open on one end in many places, but you said two doors).

Is it to be INSULATED? How is it to be illuminated? So many questions! Will if face North or South? Which a way the wind blows?

/ Placement of doors in 40x60x14 workshop #53  
One on each end. Easier to get stuff out if it's full and maybe a nice breeze if you are working in there when it's hot out. That's why they built shotgun houses. Front and back door in line for the breeze,. Shoot right through the house and not hit anything

/ Placement of doors in 40x60x14 workshop #54  
I had a 30x50 with two doors. One end door pushed to one side. One side door at the oposite side, opposite end. Offered great access from two directions. Allowed equipment to be parked out of the way and not blocking either door. Allowed a vehicle to be towed into the building, or be driven thru with no backup.

/ Placement of doors in 40x60x14 workshop #55  
Parking under cover, what a concept. :) End to end unless you plan on walling off part(s) for any reason. Roll up as gent above mentioned are good idea for economy and ability to raise/lower w/o breaking anything like you, tractor, dog... Seems to be a whole new type of season here near San Jose, CA. monsoon! Cal can always use rain but bucolic seasonal creek has me debating take Case 580 CK extendahoe through or attempt to fire up old D6 or much older RD4. Should have put car back on other side last night. SSDD is getting harder to laugh with or at. On the doors, think long on sliding doors as rust, offset, quakes, 1.75" error in corner of rig... all contribute to them becoming more difficult to push/pull. As I found out when 2 cousins tried to help and forgot there were offset spacers up above the barn door. One had not dealt with old wooden barn before and the other kept backing in to main support uprights on either side of entrance. Sometimes ran into it with full load on bale squeeze. On 3rd hand he recently died at 53 and the other had something go pop in head at age 65 so I get to deal with the 'fun' by my self. Rumor says, "fun ranch," so why is it no fun??? Best to stop here b4 letting burning castles get me down. ZZTop at full volume should knock that back.

/ Placement of doors in 40x60x14 workshop #56  
Too many other factors. Layout of land, location of driveway, planned usage. We would need more info.
What is it being used for? Storage, workshop? Wood shop?

What is going in and out those doors? Combine? Jet skis?

Which way does the wind blow from normally?

Like I said, need more info
Hunters.jpg

Hunters? :))

/ Placement of doors in 40x60x14 workshop #57  
South Texas. no snow. I bought a property that already had a 3-sided 40x60x14, 1/12 pitch roof. Faces SW, so gets a lot of very hot summer sun March-November, but should enhance my solar panel endeavors later this year. 40x40 on a slab, 20x40 open bay. I walled up the front side of the 40x40 so enclosed on 4 sides on the slab, 3 sides on open bay. I put two 12x12 pull up doors on the front, one for each 20x40 bay, and a 36x80 metal door in between the two bays for walk in. Not enough room in the back to the property line to put a drive through door which would have been nice. I hung purlins down the sides for storage shelves on each of the 40ft sides. When the kids were moving around, I built out a 20x15x12 climate controlled storage room inside the 40x40, leaving space for an auto lift I have on the floor waiting for the kids to get their stuff out of the way. Some day I will be able to park my cars in the garage and put all MY stuff (shop, woodworking, welding) in the barn as originally intended. Good luck with your build.

/ Placement of doors in 40x60x14 workshop
This looking at the S.W. corner, PB is 40x60x12 6-12 pitch 100 lb snowload. This is March of 2014 not quite finished. I got the idea of the OH doors from my neighbor who had that on his 30x40 garage.

I moved the mandoor around the corner just to the right of the OH door. I put a insulated heated shop 22x33 in the S.W. corner with a 7x7 compressor room at the east end of it.

Lay out works perfect for me.
That's a nice looking shop!

/ Placement of doors in 40x60x14 workshop #59  
If your land allows it put a door on each 40 ft side (center it on each side). Makes a drive through or access from either end. Have a 20 x 40 done like this with a 16 ft wide by 9 ft high garage door on each 20 ft side. It self vents itself in the summer creating a breeze when both ends are open. Also put a 36 inch door on each end of the 60 ft side. Easy access for just entering! Any shade trees near by will keep sun off in the morning or evening helping it stay cool. If like mine (with doors open) the temperature will be the same in mid day as being under a shade tree. I recommend no windows so prying eyes won't be tempted to borrow things When no one is home.
Built My first garage-shop with no windows, put windows in my second Garage-shop and now wish I wouldn’t have put in any windows. Windows need to be cleaned, loose wall space, seem to attract flies, often block vision because of sun in eyes. My opinion the windows were mostly just wasted money.

/ Placement of doors in 40x60x14 workshop #60  
Built My first garage-shop with no windows, put windows in my second Garage-shop and now wish I wouldn’t have put in any windows. Windows need to be cleaned, loose wall space, seem to attract flies, often block vision because of sun in eyes. My opinion the windows were mostly just wasted money.
My 39x48 has four 4ft square windows, two walk-in doors half glass, two 12ft wide overheads with two window panels.

Today is moderate clouds with drizzle. No lights on.
20230322_111434.jpg
Love my glass.