PHD gearbox & really long PTO shaft?

/ PHD gearbox & really long PTO shaft? #1  

Fallon

Tractor
Kubota L4060hstc, formerly L3200hst
I just agreed to sell my L3200 (upgrading to a cabbed L4060) & my current PHD with my spare 12" auger is now going down the road to a new home. Will still have my nice beefy 9" & 12" augers & a 6". I modified the PHD to work with my Quick Hitch & hydraulic toplink. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/327212-quick-hitch-3-point-hole-5.html#post4004229 It worked well. I have a spare Leinbach PHD frame I picked up off Craigslist for $20 as a backup before I chopped up my old one. As the old one worked well I'll probably do the same for this one. Just need a gearbox & the PTO shaft

I figure the longer I make the frame, the more the hydraulic toplink will work for down-pressure. My current (soon to be former) PHD will get down-pressure for the first foot to foot & a half of the hole before the toplink maxes out & I rely on the weight mounted above the gearbox for down pressure as I lower the 3pt. This was more or less limited by the length of the PTO shaft I had on hand when I built it.

Any suggestions on a good PHD gearbox & a really long PTO shaft? I'm keeping an eye on Craigslist for something cheap, but that would probably just end up being a gearbox, another spare frame & a PTO shaft that I could make work, but would probably be a bit short for my ideal mark 2 design.

/ PHD gearbox & really long PTO shaft? #2  
I bought a gear box from Post Hole Digger Parts I think it was an Omni and works well for me,

I think surplus center sells them as well, 44 HP OMNI GEAR PHD 26 POST HOLE DIGGER GEARBOX

as far as the shaft I would most likely go down to the tractor dealer or machine shop, and see if they have parts and make your own, G&G makes parts and many have a board so one can make there own out of parts, or get replacement parts,