Parking brake light add on......

/ Parking brake light add on...... #1  

Oldpath05

Tractor
none
How about some up to date up dates on adding on a brake light on a tractor, I have a devil of time trying to remember the brake is on when set for pto winching, I know only one out of 5000 people have this issue......... I found these pics on old a BX thread, wondering if this just the old way, only way or is there a better way.........

895637-DSC00156_25.JPG 895636-DSC00154_25.JPG 895635-DSC00151_25.JPG

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums.../80525-bx-parking-brake-indicator-solved.html

/ Parking brake light add on...... #2  
My experience, even on tractors WITH a light it will never fail to drive with it on.

BUZZER works best.

I am in the habit of "stabbing the brake pedals" every time I get on the M , no light or buzzer on it either. Just a habit to to prevent driving.

Personally, I think unless you a driving with the brakes on for a LONG time, a "brief forgot" is no worse than using them to stop on the road from speed or steering use all day.

/ Parking brake light add on...... #3  
IMG_0487.JPG

Added this parking brake “on” lamp on Kubota B26. Under the steering wheel boot was already a metal bracket with hole perfect for a universal motorcycle rear brake switch ($10). Had to drill a small hole for a spring in the brake handle to connect to the switch. While doing that added an extension up which helps with ergonomics and better secondary visual. LED rubber mounted marker lamp on the dash. Wife used and approved.

/ Parking brake light add on...... #5  
How about some up to date up dates on adding on a brake light on a tractor, I have a devil of time trying to remember the brake is on when set for pto winching, I know only one out of 5000 people have this issue......... I found these pics on old a BX thread, wondering if this just the old way, only way or is there a better way.........

View attachment 595879 View attachment 595878 View attachment 595877

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums.../80525-bx-parking-brake-indicator-solved.html

HaHa you do this too ?? Most any time I remember to stab the brakes before moving except when I have just used the winch them sometimes I forget. Maybe there are to many higher priority things to think about and my brain never gets down to check brake ?? Starting off in a low gear with a load to drag makes it hard to tell the brake is on too. I have thought of a light to. The buzzer idea would be better. Fix it to buzz when you get in the seat and the park brake is on maybe.

gg

/ Parking brake light add on......
I think a buzzer would drive me nuts while doing this that and the other thing around the tractor. What usually does it me is a bright blinking light pointing at the drivers seat, but where does one get the stuff to make it happen? Need some sorta censer switch mounted to the brake arm and has to be water resistant, then the blinking light, where can I find that? The wire is the only easy part of the project can get that anywhere.

HaHa you do this too ?? Most any time I remember to stab the brakes before moving except when I have just used the winch them sometimes I forget. Maybe there are to many higher priority things to think about and my brain never gets down to check brake ?? Starting off in a low gear with a load to drag makes it hard to tell the brake is on too. I have thought of a light to. The buzzer idea would be better. Fix it to buzz when you get in the seat and the park brake is on maybe.

gg

Exactly, After I make half dozen trips I can usually remember, most of the time. It's really hard for me to remember when havent been winching trees for quite awhile.

"Maybe there are to many higher priority things to think about and my brain never gets down to check brake "

To many things for me that's for sure, 1st park tractor at best angle>> check winch butt plate to make sure it's landed on ground as appose to one side on rock or stump>> how to hook 5 chokers up without making cats cradle and pinch cable>>>did I hook on one tree to many>>THEN get on tractor, foot on clutch>>pto out>>bucket up>>RELEASE THE FREAKEN BRAKE, sounds easy>>>bring winch up>>sometimes backup first first>>>>>>>>Then with any luck and things done right can take off with tractor................

View attachment 596013

Added this parking brake “on” lamp on Kubota B26. Under the steering wheel boot was already a metal bracket with hole perfect for a universal motorcycle rear brake switch ($10). Had to drill a small hole for a spring in the brake handle to connect to the switch. While doing that added an extension up which helps with ergonomics and better secondary visual. LED rubber mounted marker lamp on the dash. Wife used and approved.

Do you have something like this>>>>> https://www.amazon.com/s?k=universal+motorcycle+rear+brake+switch&ref=nb_sb_noss

/ Parking brake light add on...... #9  
It's hard to remember the p-brake is on with my Kubota (L3940) because it stinks. It barely holds the tractor on any incline let alone something important like winching logs.

the Kioti on the other hand doesn't need any light on the dash because when you set the brake the machine isn't going anywhere, the p-brake just works period.
Regards, Fred

/ Parking brake light add on...... #10  
I keep a bean can in the drink holder. Put brake on and put can over the gear selector that's in neutral. Got to remove bean can to shift and that's when I try to remember why the bean can is on there...ha ha ha.
Goofy but it's failsafe.