Parking Brake Alarm?

/ Parking Brake Alarm? #1  

boostmg

Silver Member
Tractor
Branson 3620 TLB Hydro
So I keep driving w/ my parking brake on and its killing me. The light on the dash isn't enough. I need to wire some kind of alarm to it. I just tried searching for some kind of alarm switch but was unsuccessful.

Has anyone done this before, and if so what is the alarm you wired up? I just need something that will make a noise.

/ Parking Brake Alarm?
How about wiring one of those piezoelectric beepers into the light circuit?
There ya go! yea that was my plan to wire it to the light circuit .. but i didn't know what the name of the product was that would make the sound. Looks like you might have just answered it!

/ Parking Brake Alarm? #4  
I don't use the parking break - just for that reason. Rotate drop the grapple, drop the rear blade - it's locked in place.

/ Parking Brake Alarm? #5  
how about not using the parking brake for "parking"?? only use it when you absolutely need your tractor to not move unless it's being dragged. I almost never use mine, I drop the bucket or the 3pt implement (usually both) when parking...I only use the p-brake when I am working and dont' want the tractor to roll.

/ Parking Brake Alarm? #6  
I tried the buzzer 1st wired to the brake switch, but took it off because it would buzz as long as the brake was on. The buzzed was out of a mercury OB control box. Went with a flasher and put a lite so that I would see it went on the tractor. I'm almost sure the flasher is a 2 prong.

/ Parking Brake Alarm? #7  
IMG_0487.JPG

Did two things. Really bright led marker light and added a right angle extension handle to the level to have a better visual and ergonomic engagement. This tractors sees multiple operators and had problem with operating with the brake on. 100% fixed.

On eBay several flashing light and buzzer fixtures.

Buddy of mine so irritated wired his tractor to quit like a safety switch when his wife would try to move with the brake on.

/ Parking Brake Alarm? #8  
A buzzer would drive me nuts. Like when I engage brakes while chipping branches. Who wants an alarm buzzing for 30 minutes. Light is a better idea.

/ Parking Brake Alarm? #9  
Yep. Same thing here. Deere has the alarm on their bigger machines. Try to move with the break set and get audible warning. Not sure why they did not include on smaller. Seems like it would have been a no-brainer and $5 worth of electronics.

/ Parking Brake Alarm? #10  
My Kubota Grand L has that alarm built in. It takes a second or 2 for it to trip. Not sure if the dash says anything before it starts chiming, but it definitely says parking brake afterwards. It only trips when you hit the HST go pedal & the parking brake lever is keeping the service brakes on. Most HSTs have a kill switch on them. You might be able to tap that & the brake switch with relays so a buzzer or light only activated when both were engaged.