Paint for Trailer

/ Paint for Trailer #1  

94BULLITT

Tractor
yes
My trailer needs painted. It is a car trailer with diamond plate runways. What wound be a good type of paint to use as far as durability and something that the uv rays will hold up to. I am thinking of painting it gloss black.

/ Paint for Trailer #2  
My trailer needs painted. It is a car trailer with diamond plate runways. What wound be a good type of paint to use as far as durability and something that the uv rays will hold up to. I am thinking of painting it gloss black.

I used some paint from Tractor supply, I think it was called Truck and Trailer paint or Implement paint, if you do use this paint be sure to put a hardner in it, its makes it shine better and helps from rock chips, after about 3 years it still held good color, had to paint a few places here and there, but that was from the way I used the trailer. Good luck

Attachments

• PICT0178.jpg
    PICT0178.jpg
    558.3 KB · Views: 652
  • PICT0179.jpg
    PICT0179.jpg
    460.3 KB · Views: 881
   / Paint for Trailer #3  
I second the implement paint. I have also used Rustoleum with fair results. Just spray it with a compressor on a calm day.

Chris

/ Paint for Trailer
I used some paint from Tractor supply, I think it was called Truck and Trailer paint or Implement paint, if you do use this paint be sure to put a hardner in it, its makes it shine better and helps from rock chips, after about 3 years it still held good color, had to paint a few places here and there, but that was from the way I used the trailer. Good luck

I wondered how well that tsc trailer paint would hold up. Do you keep your trailer outside?

/ Paint for Trailer #5  
I wondered how well that tsc trailer paint would hold up. Do you keep your trailer outside?

After I painted this trailer I keep it for 3 years before selling it, the paint held up good, just had to keep it touched up from normal wear from chains and tie-downs, other than that it held its color. Reason for selling was I needed a longer and more heaver axles, I went from 2 7K's axles to 2 12K axles.
I keep it inside and outside, hard to tell if the sun faded the color or not.

/ Paint for Trailer #6  
I agree to use Rustoleum or Implement paint. I have to paint my trailers about every 3 years. Mainly that is because I tow them at times in winter and roads here are salt covered. The factory paint on my 06 trailer (bought in Sept. 05) lasted about 3 years so I decided to repaint. The first time I painted it (in 08) I applied the paint with a spray gun and used Implement paint. This spring (2011) I used Rustoleum and brushed it on. Will have to wait a couple years to see if it lasts. You shouldn't have the road salt problem where you live so a re-paint should last longer.

/ Paint for Trailer #7  
while we are on the topic of painting trailers- how much paint does a 8 ft trailer take? 16 foot? quart? gallon? how much did you guys use on average?

/ Paint for Trailer #8  
while we are on the topic of painting trailers- how much paint does a 8 ft trailer take? 16 foot? quart? gallon? how much did you guys use on average?

I used about 1-1/2 to 2 quarts to paint my 20' tilt bed with a brush. It was about the same spraying it 3 years ago using several coats. The 24' gooseneck also used about the same.
My 5 x 8 trailer only took about 1/2 quart or so using a brush. Same with my neighbors 6 x 12.
All the trailer have wood decks that were not painted.

/ Paint for Trailer #9  
Last 16' trailer I painted took 2qt. Just did the metal frame, and mesh gate. Did not do the wood deck.

Chris

/ Paint for Trailer
I went to 3 tractor supply's saturday and none of the had the truck and trailer paint. Now am not sure what I am goin to do.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

CAT 336 Excavator Bucket Teeth Lot of 20 (A34302)
CAT 336 Excavator...
2467 N012 CAT LAND GRADER (A34733)
2467 N012 CAT LAND...
JOHN DEERE DRA 10' SEEDER, S/N 63041 (A34808)
JOHN DEERE DRA 10'...
2020 John Deere 6120E Tractor (A33028)
2020 John Deere...
John Deere 6175M (A34126)
John Deere 6175M...
Melon Bed Hole Punch (A34573)
Melon Bed Hole...