Owner Reviews on LX Series

/ Owner Reviews on LX Series #31  
Thanks Ralph. One guy on YouTube, GP Outdoors, has some good videos, but what do you think about the HST whine he complains about?
Think HST whine would be bad in a cab. Just wear ear protection. I'd rather put up with the whine than try gears.

/ Owner Reviews on LX Series #32  
At work we bought an lx3310 with cab this summer. We also have a B2920, l3200, and an l6060 with cab. previously ive also ran a l3540 and an l3400. I would say that unless you have some very specific space requirements, you'd be happier with a grand L. We bought the lx3310 specifically for finish grading where we need to get in areas that the l6060 wont fit and also we needed something that could plow sidewalks. The transmission is really the big deal here. Its noisy and feels a bit weak compared to the other tractors. The grand L with its 2 on the fly selectable gears for each range and whisper quiet operation is literally the singular reason we stick with kubota. Other than that, my shoulder didnt like the location of the 3pt lever so i built an extension and it was shipped to us with a severely tweaked loader so its been back at the dealership for like 3 weeks so far while they try to figure something out. The 3rd function lines also got torn to pieces the very first time i used it because the dealer didnt install the grill guard in the right spot, but that seems to be par for the course with the dealers that are local to me. All that aside, it operates a 1000lb grading implement quite nicely and is relatively comfortable. Being a small tractor, the loader has a nice lift capacity but a very low dump height.

/ Owner Reviews on LX Series #33  
Not a lot of great videos or reviews out there. comparing to a Kioti CK2610 at the moment, outside of GP outdoors who is awesome, not much for longer term reviews out there. the HST whine is a little concerning, given other models dont seep to be as prevalent

/ Owner Reviews on LX Series #34  
I have a 2610 and wish I had bought a 3310. The 2610 with a 6ft RFM can't make it up a minor to me grade and maintain PTO or forward speed. I sold the RFM and bought a ZT. Certainly the best solution, but also much more money that could have been avoided with enough tractor power. Would the 3310 have been enough for my situation, don't know, but likely would have been sufficient. Very dependent on your terrain and use.

Will wind up buying a very light 5 ft knife flail for the tractor to handle the parts too steep for the ZT. Already slid the ZT through one fence, fortunately no damage other than to the fence.

On my land I would never buy another tractor that didn't have the maximum HP available for the specific frame size I was purchasing. This would not be the case if I still lived in Illinois where it is fundamentally flat. On flat ground the 2610 handled the RFM no problem. A cabbed 2610 would be even more limited in this regard due to the added cab weight.
I am a retired engineer, the following are ball park figures, but will be close to reality. A LX 3310 with cab will weigh approximately 2600 lbs. A LX 2610 with cab will weigh about 2300 lbs. FEL add about 550 lbs, MMMowers about 350 to 400 lbs, RFMowers about 450 to 550 lbs, brush hogs 450 to 600 lbs for 5 to 6 ft light to medium duty.
LX3310 30.8 gross and 27 pto hp, LX2610 24.8 gross and 19.5 pto hp. Each will lose about 0.5 pto hp at 3 mph on level ground. Climbing an 8 percent grade at 3 mph the LX 3310 will have about 25 pto hp available. The LX 2610 climbing the same grade at the same speed will have about 17.5 pto hp available. These figures assume tractors with MMMowers only, Fel’s or other weights will remove proportionate amounts of pto hp.

/ Owner Reviews on LX Series #35  
I put 2,000 plus hours on both a BX2200 and a B2710. Spent $106 on the BX2200 and $800+ on the B2710, due to neighbors dirty fuel. These tractors were essentially trouble free and available when I needed them. A 2015 B3350 was a nightmare. Only managed to put 503 hours on it by Dec. of 2020. The hours from 300 to 500 were continuous trouble, 80 percent emissions and 20 percent electrical. Used a loaner the dealer kindly provided, and a 1951 WD Alli’s chalmers to do it’s chores.
Traded it for an LX3310 in Dec. 2020, had to wait until July 2021 to receive. Trouble free for 297 hrs, all four injectors replaced under warranty. Good dealer service. Tractor normally regents the DPF about every 15 to 20 hrs. Now has 330+ hrs and has more than 30 hrs since last regen, possible problem?
I have black stone labs analyze oil at each change, every 75 hrs, and diesel fuel once a year. All reports are well within accepted values.
My advice, if you can meet your needs with less than 20 pto hp is to buy a machine that is below the 25 hp mandate for tier 4 emissions.

/ Owner Reviews on LX Series #36  
Previously commented on longer than normal interval between regents on my LX3350. Normally 15 to 20 hrs between. Last regen at 299.7 hrs and regen Ed this morning at 334.8 hrs. Took the normal .2 hrs to regen. Maybe the new injectors are doing a better job of atomizing, promoting better combustion and less soot. Time will tell. I’d appreciate any feedback from people with similar experience.

/ Owner Reviews on LX Series #37  
I received my LX3310 the third week of April 2022 and just doing loader work from idle to 2000rpm it did its first regen at 18 hours. Since then it was used for tilling and mowing with a 84" rear finish mower and I'm around 87 hours and I haven't had a second regen. I assume with the summer heat and near wide open throttle it is keeping things clean.

/ Owner Reviews on LX Series #38  
Thanks for the quick reply. I normally operate around 2200 rpm light load and at 2400, 540 on the pto, heavy load. The last 50 hours have been with a 6 ft brush hog and a 6 foot tiller, all heavy loads in summer heat. You thesis may well be correct, thanks.

/ Owner Reviews on LX Series #39  
Hello Kubota people,
I am looking at buying a Kubota LX2610 from a local Kubota dealer near me in South Jersey.
I'm only getting it with the FEL/skid steer bucket and they quoted me $24,500.
I like everything about the tractor except the rear axles seems tiny for the size of the tractor. Almost looks like it would break. Have any of you had any issues with yours? Any thoughts are appreciated. I plan on using it for general purpose loader, grapple and mowing.
Thanks everyone.
Mark in South Jersey

/ Owner Reviews on LX Series #40  
Hi,

Messicks has a video of the new 2023 LX series which are I think 3510 and 4010. Wider tractor, bigger rear end, auto throttle and also wider loader. Would definitely go that route.

Brian