Ordered New RK55HC

/ Ordered New RK55HC #61  
Anxious to hear the fix. Hope it works out okay.

/ Ordered New RK55HC #62  
Anxious to hear the fix. Hope it works out okay.

Sean, their mobile mechanic here in sunny old Florida, showed up, turned on the radio, saw how hitting the flood light button turned radio off and how the a/c fan would not run.

He then took the bracket off the a/c control unit, pulled it out, reached behind it, and I heard a click. Then the a/c and radio started working properly again.

He said it was a connector that wasn’t solidly connected at the factory.

I am just glad it was a simple fix.

/ Ordered New RK55HC #63  
Yep. Sounds like he's saw that problem before. He went straight to it. :)

/ Ordered New RK55HC #64  
Nice setup. I'd love to have a cab, but the trees around my place would beat it to death and all that weight up high wouldn't be good on these steep slopes.

/ Ordered New RK55HC #65  
Nice setup. I'd love to have a cab, but the trees around my place would beat it to death and all that weight up high wouldn't be good on these steep slopes.

Thank you, Most of my property is flat with only a few bumps around. And over half this machines life will be pulling a bush hog and finish mower. So long as I avoid the occasional limb, I think I have the perfect machine for me.

/ Ordered New RK55HC #66  

Me too. Even my RTV is open station.

I'd be stressed too much trying to save the cab to enjoy it. But I'd sure like to have one. :)

/ Ordered New RK55HC #67  
Yeah, a short doesn't turn off the radio when the lights are turned on. :D

agreed. short circuits open fuses or breakers, or melt wires, or let smoke out of things.

Either sounds like a relay bank is miswired, or as was mentioned earlier, insufficient grounds.

/ Ordered New RK55HC
Thought I'd just post a quick update on the RK55. Just passed 30 hours today while running the flail mower. Can't believe how fast the time is racking up, at this rate I'll be looking at the 50 hour service in a month or two.

Still very happy with the tractor, she does everything we ask of her and have had no real trouble so far. Got a couple of really minor things I've got to ask the service folks about - squeaky steering and an A/C belt that started squealing on occasion.

The stable of attachments is growing as well... so far we've got a flail mower, wood chipper, subsoiler, forks, and just installed the top 'n tilt setup. EA grapple and box blade ought to be getting shipped real soon now as well. There's not much around our little farm that she won't be able to do now.

/ Ordered New RK55HC #69  
How do you know it's a female??? Where are the identifying parts located on an RK? :)