Ordered New RK55HC

/ Ordered New RK55HC #1  

cdb2

Silver Member
Tractor
RK55HC
I finally ordered a new RK55HC last weekend. It will be my first tractor and the first one I've run in over 20 years (since I drove a Massey working summers on my aunt's farm in my teens).

I want to say thank you to everyone who shared positive responses when I asked questions, and to everyone who has contributed their knowledge to this website over the years. The information here has made the fairly daunting task of choosing a first tractor possible for those of us who don't yet know what we're doing.

/ Ordered New RK55HC #2  
Congrats!! I know you'll love it. I'd used a few tractors a few years ago as well, but this was my first purchased tractor. I've have absolutely no regrets and am certain that I got the most bang for the buck with a really great tractor, the RK55. Keep us posted when you get it and what you think!

/ Ordered New RK55HC #3  
Congrats. Definitely share some pics when you get a chance to get it dirty.

/ Ordered New RK55HC #4  
I finally ordered a new RK55HC last weekend. It will be my first tractor and the first one I've run in over 20 years (since I drove a Massey working summers on my aunt's farm in my teens).

I want to say thank you to everyone who shared positive responses when I asked questions, and to everyone who has contributed their knowledge to this website over the years. The information here has made the fairly daunting task of choosing a first tractor possible for those of us who don't yet know what we're doing.
Thank you very much for the confidence in our tractors that you have shown through your purchase. Please let me know which location you ordered it from and I'll follow the progress and share details with you.

/ Ordered New RK55HC #5  
Now comes the harder part. Which attachments do you buy for it? So many choices!

/ Ordered New RK55HC #6  
Congrats on the new purchase! I ordered mine Friday, and can't wait for it to get in. The rural king line seems by far to be the best bang for the buck. Can't wait to see pictures of yours!

/ Ordered New RK55HC #7  
I'd like you to keep us posted in this thread about when you get it, etc. I will hopefully be ordering the 55HC in early December.

/ Ordered New RK55HC #8  
Now comes the harder part. Which attachments do you buy for it? So many choices!

all of them, of course!

I started with a box blade, then a brush hog. Loader of course. Want a second bucket with teeth now. Not much more than a tooth bar and I want the option.
Got forks for it. Great item.

Got a back blade last weekend...nice. Better for loose material than box blade, but box blade is better for moving dirt, leveling 'hard' dirt.

Got a set of disks. Handy. Need a plow...or a tiller (or both!). Tillers are very pricy for the amount of time I'll use it though.

Building a snow blade for the quick attach. Hope I get done before it snows...LOL

A york rake is something I want, but man o man even beat up used ones are overpriced. May end up buying new (box blade was new..all the rest used)

And why not a rear finish mower?

And then if I want to hay...have the fields for it, just brush hogging them now (20 acres of horse pasture).

Thinking of adding an inverter so I have 110v ac anywhere I want it.

/ Ordered New RK55HC
Thank you very much for the confidence in our tractors that you have shown through your purchase. Please let me know which location you ordered it from and I'll follow the progress and share details with you.

That would be great! I ordered from the Wytheville, VA location. Added the 3rd function on the front and a 3rd remote on the rear. I forget the name of the guy that took care of me right now, but he was great to work with. From what I gathered it will most likely be 3 or 4 weeks... of course I'm hoping for as soon as possible. :)

/ Ordered New RK55HC

Yeah that's tough too. We have so many different jobs to do it's hard to decide on what is most important to take care of first. I think the short list to get right away is a flail mower, pallet forks and grapple which will get us going on our most urgent projects.

Then before long will need a box blade, post hole digger, PTO chipper, splitter and who knows what else...

Oh, and I'll want to rig up a top 'n tilt setup since I have all these remotes to work with. Thinking of doing a home made setup like some folks here have posted.

What I really need though is more time to get all our jobs done, is there an attachment for that? :laughing: