Ordered New RK55HC

/ Ordered New RK55HC #41  
Nothing went wrong with respect to the payment. You signed the loan doc to put it on layaway only, it does not get submitted to the bank until you pick up your tractor, sign it again with the start date being the day you pick it up, and the serial numbers are added to the loan contract. The bank has not received any docs and won稚 until you pick up your equipment. Your first payment will then be due at whatever time period from the day you take it home that the bank痴 guidelines call for, usually about 45 days.

Very glad to hear that I don't need to worry about the monthly payment until I actually get my Tractor.

And I'm sorry to let you know this is one more thing to train the troops on at the branch as this is the first I've heard of holding the loan document or layaway. I WAS told they'd put the serial number on when the tractor came in.

Maybe it was because the poor lady was so busy, but I just knew that I signed a loan document for my tractor package that specified a first payment date, and was told my tractor would be here within a week to a week and half.

They had me pay for delivery and a portion of the cost of the tractor package I put down to get the monthly finance charge where I wanted it. The tractor receipt shows my few grand, which they accepted graciously, and the rest shows as being charged to DLL Finance.

/ Ordered New RK55HC #42  
Very glad to hear that I don't need to worry about the monthly payment until I actually get my Tractor.

And I'm sorry to let you know this is one more thing to train the troops on at the branch as this is the first I've heard of holding the loan document or layaway. I WAS told they'd put the serial number on when the tractor came in.

Maybe it was because the poor lady was so busy, but I just knew that I signed a loan document for my tractor package that specified a first payment date, and was told my tractor would be here within a week to a week and half.

They had me pay for delivery and a portion of the cost of the tractor package I put down to get the monthly finance charge where I wanted it. The tractor receipt shows my few grand, which they accepted graciously, and the rest shows as being charged to DLL Finance.

Thanks for the comment. We use Salesforce CRM and upload every receipt into each customer record. I just viewed your receipts and can see exactly what you put down and what will be covered by DLL. The loan doc had a first payment date on it because by default, it is calculated from the date of the application. When you pick up your equipment, the start date with be amended to that date, we’ll add the serial numbers, you’ll sign again and first payment will be due about 45 days after that. Your signing the loan doc when the order was placed was all you needed to do to put your tractor on order, putting down any money then is the customer’s choice, we don’t require any down payment with the signed loan contract. When the equipment arrives and you pick it up, the docs are all updated with the actual dates, serial numbers and second signature. Basically, everything with regard to the transaction is normal. Our teams can always work to better explain this. Your order is flagged, as are any others for customers that are awaiting any items. Upon arrival, our assembly teams handle those and ship to stores immediately.

/ Ordered New RK55HC #43  
I understand the lengthy lead time and accept that as part of the purchase. So that's not really a concern for me. But, I would expect complete honesty and transparency from the sales rep. If I'm told 6 weeks, I'll patiently wait 6 weeks, but if I'm told 1-2 weeks, I'll be making arrangements to pick it up then. Any delays beyond that will errode my confidence in the company. Maybe I'm wrong for looking at it that way but first impressions mean a lot.

/ Ordered New RK55HC #44  
Agree completely. Please note that our store teams have no incentive to provide overly ambitious lead times, and that our stock has at times lagged demand for certain items. 90% of the time, our customers buy what is in stock at their RK Tractor location and there is no wait. It is when a particular model gets low, or certain attachments like backhoes, grapples or options such as 3rd function valve kits gets low that there is a wait. We ordered big for 2019 and the containers are rolling in. We are deploying tools that will provide better in/transit visibility so we can be more precise when communicating lead times. We are seeing a little growing pain, but will soon put that behind us. Going from #14 in under 60hp market share to #6 after just one full year will create some bumps. Thank you for your well thought out comment. We need to get better.

/ Ordered New RK55HC #45  
Agree completely. Please note that our store teams have no incentive to provide overly ambitious lead times, and that our stock has at times lagged demand for certain items. 90% of the time, our customers buy what is in stock at their RK Tractor location and there is no wait. It is when a particular model gets low, or certain attachments like backhoes, grapples or options such as 3rd function valve kits gets low that there is a wait. We ordered big for 2019 and the containers are rolling in. We are deploying tools that will provide better in/transit visibility so we can be more precise when communicating lead times. We are seeing a little growing pain, but will soon put that behind us. Going from #14 in under 60hp market share to #6 after just one full year will create some bumps. Thank you for your well thought out comment. We need to get better.

As of tomorrow, we are at 5 and a half weeks since I committed and 5 weeks since I paid and signed. No updates other than ‘still waiting on Backhoe.’

Do you have an RK55 cab TLB available?
Maybe we can discuss changing from the RK37.

Or tell me a realistic wait time rather than making me sit in limbo here.

/ Ordered New RK55HC #46  
Good luck.

/ Ordered New RK55HC #47  
I know this is someone else's thread.. but I'll chime in with my experiences so far.

I put a down payment.. it was a bit more than 10%.. but I just wanted to drop an even number $ amount. I didn't have to pay the re$t till the day I loaded my tractor on my trailer and took it home.

So far.. I love that tractor.. rk55 cab, hst Tranny.

There was a little learning curve on my part to figure how to shift the hst range selector that seemed ungodly stiff.. but.. i quickly got advice here on what to do, and it shifts easy knowing that you just toe the hst pedal one way or another and it slips right in.

Been doing lots of hay moving and brush hauling with my machine.. already using the air conditioner here in florida some days.

/ Ordered New RK55HC #48  
As of tomorrow, we are at 5 and a half weeks since I committed and 5 weeks since I paid and signed. No updates other than ‘still waiting on Backhoe.’

Do you have an RK55 cab TLB available?
Maybe we can discuss changing from the RK37.

Or tell me a realistic wait time rather than making me sit in limbo here.

Well another week and I have two updates.

Monday they said it showed that it was in Ohio.

And as of this morning it looks like my order is in a queued for shipping to the store.

Maybe sometime next week I can stop being so jealous of all you guys out there with you RK Tractors already rolling around.

/ Ordered New RK55HC #49  
Sound as if your ship finally came in! Spring is almost here so you'll get plenty of break-in time soon.

/ Ordered New RK55HC #50  
Well another week and I have two updates.

Monday they said it showed that it was in Ohio.

And as of this morning it looks like my order is in a queued for shipping to the store.

Maybe sometime next week I can stop being so jealous of all you guys out there with you RK Tractors already rolling around.

Not going as planned, but it sounds like this falls on the local store/dealer not understanding the demand and long delivery times on some items. They probably had previous orders come in quick, and quoted you something close to that not knowing the demand had grown so much.