Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #191  
Actually, there are 2 companies in the process of building mega chip factories in Arizona. One being Intel and the other being.... a Taiwan based outfit
Taiwan produces about 30% of them. Would be a crazy world if China overran Taiwan.
It would send shockwaves.
We should be producing more of them and stop with the penny-wise pound foolish nonsense this country seems to live in.

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #192  
Buying a new vehicle these days is hit or miss. Getting the one you want is next to impossible.

I ordered a new pickup in December of 2020. The order never made it to production and was cancelled due to the chip shortage. The dealer placed another order for a 2022 model, 3 weeks ago. He said not to expect anything until June or July.

In the mean time, my wife's car quit and also needs to be replaced. We now have two vehicles "on order" with no definite delivery date.

By the time these supply chain issues get sorted out, I suspect we will wind up with 2023 models!

While I was at the dealer, I parked my very clean 2012 pickup in front of the nearly empty car lot. A customer came in and wanted to buy it! I thought it was funny but the salesman told me to seriously consider selling. The price I could get was over $5K more than he could offer on a trade. I might have considered it if I had a definite delivery date for the new truck. There is no way I can be without a truck for an indefinite, and perhaps extended, period of time.

Strange times indeed!

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #193  
Buying a new vehicle these days is hit or miss. Getting the one you want is next to impossible.

I ordered a new pickup in December of 2020. The order never made it to production and was cancelled due to the chip shortage. The dealer placed another order for a 2022 model, 3 weeks ago. He said not to expect anything until June or July.

In the mean time, my wife's car quit and also needs to be replaced. We now have two vehicles "on order" with no definite delivery date.

By the time these supply chain issues get sorted out, I suspect we will wind up with 2023 models!

While I was at the dealer, I parked my very clean 2012 pickup in front of the nearly empty car lot. A customer came in and wanted to buy it! I thought it was funny but the salesman told me to seriously consider selling. The price I could get was over $5K more than he could offer on a trade. I might have considered it if I had a definite delivery date for the new truck. There is no way I can be without a truck for an indefinite, and perhaps extended, period of time.

Strange times indeed!
Definitely strange times. A potential seller needs to have considerable thought regarding the replacement before pricing.

It does no good to sell at an inflated price if you have to replace at an inflated price.

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #194  
Definitely strange times. A potential seller needs to have considerable thought regarding the replacement before pricing.

It does no good to sell at an inflated price if you have to replace at an inflated price.
Exactly. The house we sold in 2017 for an excellent price sold again in October for 58% more than that owner paid us. I ran some quick numbers estimating our costs for buying and renovating our current home in 2021 rather than 2017. We maybe would have been a little better off, but only by about $20K. And that may not have been as accurate an estimate as I think because of the current Reno cost structure.

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #195  
Exactly. The house we sold in 2017 for an excellent price sold again in October for 58% more than that owner paid us. I ran some quick numbers estimating our costs for buying and renovating our current home in 2021 rather than 2017. We maybe would have been a little better off, but only by about $20K. And that may not have been as accurate an estimate as I think because of the current Reno cost structure.
We did the very same thing Rick. A young couple bought our previous home and shop sitting on 20 acres in the Spring of 2019. Paid us $220K. I'm sure they could sell it today for $300K. Great investment for them.

We spent $300K building our new house and shop in late 2018 thru Spring 2019. We would easily spend $350K to build it today.

It's a wash.

I'm very happy for the young couple. This gives them additional equity wiggle room to get their debt under control.

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #197  

This is quite true but I'm going to pay the same inflated price anyway whether I trade or sell. If I sell for more than the trade, my net cost will still be lower.

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #199  
The United States should get their heads out of the sand and manufacture chips here.
There are new plants being built, such as Samsung building one outside of Austin in Taylor, TX. But the reason manufacturing has primarily been in other countries is due to cost. The more regulations and restrictions our gov imposes on companies, the more taxes, the higher minimum wages, insurance, lawsuits, etc. all drive up the costs. Other countries don't have those same cost burdens. It's a dangerous situation to be reliant on other countries, sometimes ones in opposition to us, for things, but that's economic reality.

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #200  
I’m getting ready to sell a well used piece of hay equipment for just a bit less than I paid for it new in 2015. The downside about what you sell for today is those dollars are suffering the inflation we’ve had for the last 11 months
Equipment prices are crazy