orange tractor talks

/ orange tractor talks #31  
Strikes me as an odd comment from someone who owns two tractors manufactured by a corporation based in Osaka Japan 🥴

I appreciate both TBN and OTT, and have found great info and a lot of interesting topics both places.

/ orange tractor talks #32  
The ONLY reason I own multiple Kubota's is my dealer and my relationship with him plus I work there part time. I base everything on how good a dealer is and in my case they are superlative. I don't really care what color they are. I care about dealing with an honest and forthright dealer and I've gotten to know everyone there very well over the years. Before I worked there part time, I always had free access to not only the shop, I could go behind the parts counter and look up stuff as well. One thing I never did was look in the cash register and I still don't today. None of my business and I'll leave it at that. They trust me and I trust them. Besides, the owner leans politically just like I do, same philosophies. I get treated just like family there even though I'm not. Besides, where else can I get consumable parts delivered to the farm at no cost or if I need to take a unit in for something I cannot do, all I need to do is grab one of the rollback trucks and pick it up myself. Of course I put diesel in the tank for the miles I drive it. They have a sizeable investment in their late model rollback's with their nice aluminum beds and late model straight chassis on them. Too bad the one has an automatic in it, I avoid that one as much as I can. Again, I get a sizeable discount on parts and shop labor as well and Kubota as of late has adopted the JD credo of charging inflated prices for parts and consumables so I'm still getting my stuff (and labor) at a much reduced rate. They have 3 trucks btw. All late model Internationals single axle with Jerr-Dan aluminum roll back beds and 20 ton Braden hydraulic winches so fetching an inoperable unit is as easy as winching it up on the tilted bed, chaining it down (I don't use straps) and driving away and they all have swinging ball and pintle hitches on them so if I need to pull a piece of equipment via the hitch (like a baler for instance) the hook up is easy because I don't have to be exactly on the hitch as I can swing it unlocked about 29 degrees to each side. Close is good enough.

Just bought a used Kubota F20 series front mount diesel lawn mower from them and I'm pre ordering a new center point disc mower as well. My New Holland disc bine is totally depreciated and is ready to trade in and I know Keith will give me top trade on it. One, it's well maintained and two, he knows how I take care of all my equipment and 3, the NH discbine is a very sought after piece of equipment so he will be able to resell it quick and make a profit on it because he is in business to make money, after all.

Only reason I sold the NH small square bailer on Tractor House is, no one around here bales small squares anymore and I actually sold that for more than I originally asked for it. Sandhills Global told me I was not asking enough and they were right.

I don't believe in screwing anyone, anyway, well with some exceptions...lol

/ orange tractor talks #33  
Strikes me as an odd comment from someone who owns two tractors manufactured by a corporation based in Osaka Japan 🥴

I appreciate both TBN and OTT, and have found great info and a lot of interesting topics both places.

The only issue I have here, besides some really stupid comments from people with issues that for some reason cannot follow simple diagnosing procedures (old batteries and corroded connections come right to mind), or the person with an old cruddy unit that needs to be pressure washed before even touching it to ascertain what is really wrong with it. My units are never dirty, as I dislike grime and I don't wear latex gloves when I'm working on them (they make my hands sweat and feel clammy) and I want to stay somewhat clean, so I don't. Only time I wear them is when field dressing an animal so I don't get bloody hands or under my fingernails and of course wearing latex gloves makes it hard to pick your nose as well...lol

/ orange tractor talks #34  
The only issue I have here, besides some really stupid comments from people with issues that for some reason cannot follow simple diagnosing procedures (old batteries and corroded connections come right to mind), or the person with an old cruddy unit that needs to be pressure washed before even touching it to ascertain what is really wrong with it. My units are never dirty, as I dislike grime and I don't wear latex gloves when I'm working on them (they make my hands sweat and feel clammy) and I want to stay somewhat clean, so I don't. Only time I wear them is when field dressing an animal so I don't get bloody hands or under my fingernails and of course wearing latex gloves makes it hard to pick your nose as well...lol
All I know is they sell a ton of tractors and always have so that tells me their relations with potential customers and buyers is also excellent. I've actually sold a couple tractors for him just talking to potential customers. They all seem to want to know how good my dealer is and I never mind telling them either. With Keith taking on an ECHO franchise this winter (and he's adding on to the showroom and the shop to accomodate more sales and service, I suspect I'll be handling the repairs on chainsaws and sharpening chains as well and like Keith always does, I'll instruct new buyers on how to take care of their new purchases as well, what oil to buy (he will stock Echo Red Armor canned gas as well as pre-mix and Echo bar oil as well). Both excellent products that I know from experience. The more knowledgeable a new customer is, the less problems they have down the road (from stupidity) and when I deliver a new unit or return a repaired unit, I always instruct the customer on the do's and do nots of their units and what to check and grease before trouble starts, plus I have them always sign off on what I tell them as well as give them their manuals and finance papers if applicable and have them sign off on that as well. Just good business and retains customers that will continue to purchase from them. People do want to know for the most part, so I oblige. How they do things and how I do things.

Kind of anxious to get the Kubota F20 series mower. never owned a hydrostat before, let alone a 3 cylinder Kubota motor mounted behind the seat, so I'll need some instruction as well. Having Dennis and Steve go through it completely as I don't know squat about them other than fueling the engine and checking the oil and tires but I'm sure I'll get instructed as to what to do. Coming soon and I'll probably deliver it myself....:D

/ orange tractor talks #35  
I'm the same way. I see a pay wall, I delete the forum or news feed or whatever. I will NEVER pay to participate on any Internet site. The owners of that site make income off click through's and advertiser fees. That is enough far as I'm concerned. The Internet is supposed to be free, with me it will stay that way.

I'm the opposite -- I'd much rather pay to support a community than be served ads and be "the product" rather than the customer.

I gladly pay for memberships in communities I enjoy participating in and find worthwhile -- I'd much rather they continue to exist. And I use ad/script blockers so they're not getting any revenue from me that way

/ orange tractor talks #36  
Is anyone like……WTH is going on here?
Bizarre to see someone comment on their own comment, but uhhhhh hey Merry Christmas! :giggle:

/ orange tractor talks #37  
Bizarre to see someone comment on their own comment, but uhhhhh hey Merry Christmas! :giggle:
Gos to prove one who talks too loud and long eventually find themself hung up in their own underwear. ;)

/ orange tractor talks #38  
He got banned on OTT so I guess this thread struck a nerve?

/ orange tractor talks #39  
He probably needs to increase his post count considering he's an Epic Contributor or leader in post count #s on this forum.
!