orange tractor talks

/ orange tractor talks #11  
Back when my computer had a hand crank, there was a thing called the Kubota Board.......where user input was handled over the net - whoah! I remember using that for some years before Muhammad started TBN. My join date says 2000 but a lot of us were here a while before that.

Last edited:
   / orange tractor talks #12  
Got curious. My join date at TBN is 2003. Wow, 20 years have passed!

OTT is a good place too...joined there much more recently...

/ orange tractor talks #13  
With me, it all hinges on who or what entity owns a forum and in the case of OTT, the forum owner isn't even domestic. I'll pass.

/ orange tractor talks #14  
While I visit both sites, TBN is my go to for 99%. Not everyone owns a K, and sometimes others may have experienced the same issue you are dealing with. Better cross section of views/options.

/ orange tractor talks #15  
I was invited to join a few years ago.
Fine forum.
I'm amazed at the constant flow of new members,and they are usually aided well by the regulars!

/ orange tractor talks #16  
OTT seems geared more to BX owners

Does anyone remember the usenet/readnews/newsgroups days? Essentially one place to access all the forums. Text based, kinda like group email. Pre-WWW. Was initially free, then had free access through my ISP's, now it's a monthly pay system for access and a ghost of what it once was.

IMHO Forums these days seem to be email harvesters, a lot of fluff and ad driven, content curated by a few individuals, and spam fodder.

/ orange tractor talks #17  
I don't see eye to eye with the moderator over there so I lurk but don't post. He's a bleeding heart liberal and I don't mesh well with that. I now him pretty well.

Good site for info but his moderation in my view leaves a lot to be desired and the hosting company is VS and I don't like them either for a lot of reasons which I won't get into, Suffice to say that this forum was the first and about the only independent site left and I applaud Mohammad for that.

Why I stay here actually. On a couple gun related forums but one is a VS site but I know all the mods personally so I do post on there rarely. I can get away with 'murder' most times without getting a phone call telling me to delete my comments...lol

Suffice to say, VS and I go back a long way and I don't care for them at all. They literally sucked up a huge amount of independent forums and paid off the forum owners (independents), a goodly amount of compensation to get ownership of the .com or .net site and I know why but won't comment on it on here or anywhere else.
OTT is not owned or operated by VS (Vertical Scope).

/ orange tractor talks #19  
I have spent alot of time on OTT. Lots of great information on Kubotas, all sizes. They have actual technicians that work or worked on Kubotas on their boards. Very useful.

I could care less about political affiliation when I need advice on a tractor issue so OTT will continue to be a go to source for information.

/ orange tractor talks #20  
With me, it all hinges on who or what entity owns a forum and in the case of OTT, the forum owner isn't even domestic. I'll pass.
Where does one find that info? Just did a little searching and the two sources I found, which don't necessarily look trustworthy to me, say that it's headquarters are in the US. Couldn't find who the owner was.