orange tractor talks

/ orange tractor talks #21  
All you have to do is copy their IP address into 'who is' and that will tell you the 'real' owner. I lurk there but never post. In reality it's all about much smaller Kubota's than I own anyway. However, I do find a lot of comments on there entertaining.

/ orange tractor talks #22  
OTT seems geared more to BX owners

Does anyone remember the usenet/readnews/newsgroups days? Essentially one place to access all the forums. Text based, kinda like group email. Pre-WWW. Was initially free, then had free access through my ISP's, now it's a monthly pay system for access and a ghost of what it once was.

IMHO Forums these days seem to be email harvesters, a lot of fluff and ad driven, content curated by a few individuals, and spam fodder.
I participate on that forum and most of us aren’t BX owners. I find the discussions to be on par with this forum, but of course focused on Kubota.

/ orange tractor talks #23  
13 yr old thread revived. Has to be a record. 😀

/ orange tractor talks #24  
All you have to do is copy their IP address into 'who is' and that will tell you the 'real' owner. I lurk there but never post. In reality it's all about much smaller Kubota's than I own anyway. However, I do find a lot of comments on there entertaining.
There’s a lot of members there with M series Kubotas now.

/ orange tractor talks #26  
Lots of 'good folks' on every forum but lots of turds as well and this is no example. I meet lots of turds in person as well and I meet them and forget about them. Like passing a ship in the night.

/ orange tractor talks #27  
after registering, you find it's a pay site for full access. Not paying to join a forum.

/ orange tractor talks #28  
after registering, you find it's a pay site for full access. Not paying to join a forum.
I’ve been a member for a few years and haven’t paid. I participate in the forum just like here. I’m not sure what paid membership provides in addition except being able to advertise, but it’s certainly not necessary to participate in and read the forums.

/ orange tractor talks #29  
With me, it all hinges on who or what entity owns a forum and in the case of OTT, the forum owner isn't even domestic. I'll pass.
Strikes me as an odd comment from someone who owns two tractors manufactured by a corporation based in Osaka Japan 🥴

I appreciate both TBN and OTT, and have found great info and a lot of interesting topics both places.

/ orange tractor talks #30  
I’ve been a member for a few years and haven’t paid. I participate in the forum just like here. I’m not sure what paid membership provides in addition except being able to advertise, but it’s certainly not necessary to participate in and read the forums.
I'm the same way. I see a pay wall, I delete the forum or news feed or whatever. I will NEVER pay to participate on any Internet site. The owners of that site make income off click through's and advertiser fees. That is enough far as I'm concerned. The Internet is supposed to be free, with me it will stay that way.

I know exactly or pretty close to what it costs, after all I have a .com website parked myself and have for years and while I never link to it on here (and it has a forum on it btw), it's not germane to this discussion site, so I don't and yes, it's always busy and no, I don't moderate it. Someone else does.

How I roll, always.