Option for 3rd remote on NX?

/ Option for 3rd remote on NX? #1  

DieselBound

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800; Kioti NX5510HC
I'm working on getting a quote on an NX5510 and had asked about a 3rd rear remote and was told that the NX series only supports up to two sets of rear remotes. Is this true? If so, is there an aftermarket solution for a 3rd remote? If there is then would I be better off not having the dealer install the two? (the default location is said to not be great; if I were going to add a third set of remotes then maybe better to install all in some other location?)

For anyone wondering, I'm wanting TNT and then another set of remotes for operating retractable rippers (box blade) or a side shift on a flail mower.

/ Option for 3rd remote on NX? #3  
I'm working on getting a quote on an NX5510 and had asked about a 3rd rear remote and was told that the NX series only supports up to two sets of rear remotes. Is this true? [snip]

Diesel, whether it's true or not depends on what they mean by "supports". I think they merely mean Kioti doesn't offer a third set as a factory option in the U.S. That's true.

What is clear, though, is that a third set of rear remotes can easily be added by the dealer now, when they install the first two. It is simply a second No. 2 kit, with the third kit stacked either on top or on the bottom. Longer bolts are necessary because of the additional thickness of the stack: 10-1.25 x 170mm, ideally grade 8.8 or better. Fastenal has them: M1-1.25 x 17mm DIN 96 Class 1.9 Zinc Finish Hex Cap Screw | Fastenal

The color coding on the control lever for the kit will be blue, same as on the first No. 2 kit. No big deal. I think, but don't know for sure, that a third set is offered as a factory option in Europe (maybe elsewhere too), and the control lever is coded green.

Below are pics of the third set of rear remotes that was added by my dealer a few weeks ago to my two-y/o NX4510HSTcab. In this case, the tech added the set to the top of the existing stack. No space problem at all. As you can see from the pic of the control console, he separated the two blue levers by moving the No. 1 lever (gray) to the center slot.

So EricTheOracle's info on this in the thread you linked to above is quite correct.

If you need the Kioti part number for the No. 2 kit, let me know. It's probably on my invoice, but I can't imagine that the dealer can't pull it right up.

Attachments

• Third rear remote1.jpg
    Third rear remote1.jpg
    983.7 KB · Views: 231
  • Third Rear Remote 2.jpg
    Third Rear Remote 2.jpg
    443.8 KB · Views: 220
   / Option for 3rd remote on NX?
I'm hoping that I can use this information. The dealer is really dropping the ball on getting me a quote: for two days now it's been promised.

I've even got an Fastenal dealer close by:)

/ Option for 3rd remote on NX? #5  
Kioti has part numbers for the 3rd position remote, but I'm not sure if it's available or not here in the U.S.

Attachments

• image-2083103145.jpg
    image-2083103145.jpg
    312.1 KB · Views: 191
   / Option for 3rd remote on NX? #6  
Threepoint, what is that you have on your loader control? A diverter rocker switch?

I have the same tractor and need to add something to the front but would also like rear 3rd remote as well.

I'm thinking diverter on front because you rarely need to do 3 functions at the same time and 3rd rear so for unlimited add ons.

/ Option for 3rd remote on NX? #7  
Threepoint, what is that you have on your loader control? A diverter rocker switch?

I have the same tractor and need to add something to the front but would also like rear 3rd remote as well.

I'm thinking diverter on front because you rarely need to do 3 functions at the same time and 3rd rear so for unlimited add ons.

Joe, I have the W.R. Long 3rd function kit, which is electric-over-hydraulic. The rocker switch you see is integral to the grip that replaces the OEM grip. Here are some better pics of it.

Attachments

• W.R. Long 3rd funct grip.jpg
    W.R. Long 3rd funct grip.jpg
    452.6 KB · Views: 220
  • W.R. Long 3rd function grip1.jpg
    W.R. Long 3rd function grip1.jpg
    557.7 KB · Views: 408
Ugh! I failed to note that this is for a NON-cab/open station tractor! I assumed that the controls would be the same, but now I'm worried that that's not the case. Dealer didn't have an NON-cab/open-station NX, and I couldn't really find any good pictures of one that would show how their controls are. Seems that these tractors don't like to be photographed from the right side (where the controls are)!

/ Option for 3rd remote on NX? #9  
Ugh! I failed to note that this is for a NON-cab/open station tractor! I assumed that the controls would be the same, but now I'm worried that that's not the case. Dealer didn't have an NON-cab/open-station NX, and I couldn't really find any good pictures of one that would show how their controls are. Seems that these tractors don't like to be photographed from the right side (where the controls are)!

I doubt very seriously in the world of assembly line manufacture that there is much difference in the Cab vs Non-Cab models as re-tooling for different parts cost money & defeats the purpose of the whole mass manufacture concept (and interchangeable parts)

Also - in Post #3 above Threepoint has a great shot of the controls on an NX4510 w/ cab - again I would think for simplicity that the NX5510 would be the same.

So in simple terms - I think you're fine. :thumbsup: