Online real estate pictures

/ Online real estate pictures #61  
I bought my first house in 1977, I think I paid 8.5% and thought I was getting a bargain. Within a year mortgage rates were over 9.

Part of the problem is that it seems that everyone today wants a "move in ready" house at a bargain price. Both houses I've owned were as you described...estate properties previously owned by a long-time widow and needed lots of TLC. Most of my friends' first houses were also fixer uppers. No less "desirable", just more affordable and with some work can be just as desirable as anything else.
Back when I started all my home buying friends bought distressed or bad neighborhoods.

Now... good neighborhood and updated.

/ Online real estate pictures #62  
We actually took a drive-by on a 13.5 acre piece with a 5/2 manufactured (2018 model) today. The ad did have good pictures of the home, and maybe the 50 ft around it, but kinda would have liked some pictures of surrounding woods, and the pond at the back. Did some G-earth work, and it does appear the pond dries completely up at times.

We did speak to mortgage people, and it sounds like it might be doable, if we like it on viewing. It's a stretch on the money, but frankly everything in our part of FLa is. Plus side, our existing home, 3/2, 1400 sq ft, on 2 acres should be about 3x what we bought it for in 2008.

Got to upload some $$$ docs to get a fire pre-qualification, and then schedule a viewing. Will see where this goes, and foe the price, it's going to have to impress.

/ Online real estate pictures #63  
Aerial of property mentioned above.
Screenshot_20240418_213527_BaseMap.jpg

/ Online real estate pictures #64  
In 2001 I paid 10,500 for my 21 acres. Everyone told me that I was crazy to spend that much.
When we bought our additional land back in 2005, I thought $3,500 an acre was on the high side, but my wife and I agreed that we didn't want to run the risk of anyone building behind the house.
I was surprised to find how expensive land was even out here in the relative sticks in '05 when I bought this place. Don't recall offhand what I paid, but it was more than what yours cost you. In '07-08 when the real estate market tanked, the bottom kind of fell out of house prices, but land didn't fall much if at all.

/ Online real estate pictures
I was surprised to find how expensive land was even out here in the relative sticks in '05 when I bought this place. Don't recall offhand what I paid, but it was more than what yours cost you. In '07-08 when the real estate market tanked, the bottom kind of fell out of house prices, but land didn't fall much if at all.
When we bought our home in 2005, house came with 6 acres. We were offered an additional 32 acres at that $3,500 per acre price.

Thing is, we had a home to sell at the time carrying two mortgages.

People crucify real estate agents, but ours represented both us and the seller, and he was personal friends with the seller. That real estate guy was worth every penny he charged by offering us two options and well as working with the farm credit union for the additional property.

We struggled with the land option, but everyone I talked to told me they aren't making land anymore, and that it would be worth while to buy the land. Now that everything is paid off, very happy we chose to buy the additional land. Then I was just hoping we could break even 25 years later if we sell and downsize, and I don't think that will be an issue now.

I'm in Key West right now for a "working vacation" and I'll have to look at what land is going for down here:ROFLMAO:

/ Online real estate pictures #66  
I'm in a 'Redi' county, with some of the worst schools in the state, and property has gotten crazy here too. Don't get me wrong, I like the county, but don't expect much as far as gov services, typically high crime/drugs/property crimes, and property prices are skyrocketing. But, what I do like; you want a porch, build a porch; you want to have an above ground pool, do it; they aren't big on either government enforcement or services.

Without being political, I think some of the stuff that FLa resisted during/after Covid, really got a lot of people moving down here.

/ Online real estate pictures #67  
People crucify real estate agents, but ours represented both us and the seller, and he was personal friends with the seller. That real estate guy was worth every penny he charged by offering us two options and well as working with the farm credit union for the additional property.
Like any profession, there are good, bad and all shades in between. My sisters and I just put the house we grew up in on the market. The agent we're using is a guy we all knew as kids, and as it happens his father was the one who sold that house to my parents back in 1950. Looking at the on-line pictures, it's amazing how he staged the interior shots to make the rooms look much more spacious than they really are.
I'm in a 'Redi' county, with some of the worst schools in the state, and property has gotten crazy here too. Don't get me wrong, I like the county, but don't expect much as far as gov services, typically high crime/drugs/property crimes, and property prices are skyrocketing. But, what I do like; you want a porch, build a porch; you want to have an above ground pool, do it; they aren't big on either government enforcement or services.
Not that familiar with Florida, been there a few times and it didn't appeal to me at all. Then again, I like mountains and rather dislike heat & humidity.
We have relatively few rules where I live, no building permits or anything like that. Not much in the way of services but crime is low and taxes not too outrageous. Don't really know about schools here, we're in our 70s and not planning on having any kids.

/ Online real estate pictures #68  
Like any profession, there are good, bad and all shades in between.
Lawyers came to mind as I read that. Despite the rhetoric, they are a necessary part of life for many of us. My siblings and I went with my mother last year when she updated her will, and I was impressed with the lawyer. She takes her job as an elderly advocate very seriously.

/ Online real estate pictures #69  
It’s a good thing to do as even during the pandemic laws change…

A big property law that had been law since 1986 changed and mom and dad really thought they had everything the best they could…

Couldn’t get a review in 2020 and by 2021 the options provided no longer exist.

/ Online real estate pictures #70  
Looking at the on-line pictures, it's amazing how he staged the interior shots to make the rooms look much more spacious than they really are.
Insider secret: professional property photographers typically use a 35mm DSLR camera. So far, ho hum. But then strap a 10mm lens onto the camera, and all the rooms suddenly look huge.

Take the same photo using your cell phone camera and it can look like two completely different rooms and properties.

It is a double edged sword though. The buyers seeing fantastic online photos arrive at the property to learn what the more correct version is ....