Oliver Four Wheel Farm Wagon

/ Oliver Four Wheel Farm Wagon #1  

Gale Hawkins

Tractor
1948 Allis Chambers Model B 1976 265 MF / 1983 JD 310B Backhoe / 1966 Ford 3000 Diesel / 1980 3600 Diesel
On the name plate it reads:
Oliver Farm Equipment Company
Model 500

The reason I liked the running gear is it does not have tie rod but 5th wheel steering so by default it pulls true at any speed.

My Dad bought a used one that looked like this one in about 1963 so I am sure they are from the 50's and from my reseach they must not have been very common. They have 16" wheels with soild hub wheels so there is no access to the bearings without removing the wheels. Other than a shop made tongue the running gear seems to be stock.

It currently has a shop make metal grain bed at is all one piece except for the tailgate that will swing from the top pins to empty or through a grain gate if the tail gate is bolted close. The gate can be removed too but the other sides are fixed. It had been used as a grain wagon for a long time because the bed looks nearly as old as the running gear.

I would like to find what color(s) the running gear was from the factory should I ever try to repaint it.

Any ideas were I could find a picture of one on the web.

I have been looking for two days. It seems the farm equipment side of Oliver left the industry long ago. Oliver I have learned was a huge company with world wide sales but when the family was no longer in management the shareholder sold off the most profitable parts and the company just faded away.

Last edited:
   / Oliver Four Wheel Farm Wagon #2  
I'd post a message over at http://antiquetractorsforum.com/index.php Lots of folks with interest in equipment.

Tracing business histories is interesting. We have done research on companies that made equipment for farm jeeps and have luck with some and not so much with other. Sometimes we will locate another restorer who has a collection of information - brochures, manuals, etc. - that turns out to be the best source.

Good luck,

/ Oliver Four Wheel Farm Wagon #3  
Hello, mine has the data below, and I am curious if you found out anything about it? It has been sitting in the woods on my dad farm for 30 years, I just pulled it out and got some good tires on it recently.
Made in USA
Model 500-0 Serial 14703
IMG_5847.JPG
IMG_5722.JPG

/ Oliver Four Wheel Farm Wagon #4  
Hello, mine has the data below, and I am curious if you found out anything about it? It has been sitting in the woods on my dad farm for 30 years, I just pulled it out and got some good tires on it recently.
Made in USA
Model 500-0 Serial 14703
View attachment 603679
View attachment 603680

First:

Welcome to TBN! :thumbsup:

Second:

You're replying to a 19 year old thread.

Third, and most surprisingly:

Both people in the thread are still active on TBN and you may hear from them soon! :)

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

2000 ETNY Asphalt Tanker Trailer (A32932)
2000 ETNY Asphalt...
2019 Bobcat T870 Skid Steer Loader (A32803)
2019 Bobcat T870...
Lot of (3) Drills - Hitachi, Milwaukee, DeWalt (A33349)
Lot of (3) Drills...
Cattle Panel (A33041)
Cattle Panel (A33041)
2008 Dragon Product Trailer, VIN # 1UNST42298L055190 (A32908)
2008 Dragon...
2011 FORD CROWN VICTORIA (A32908)
2011 FORD CROWN...