Rear Finish Mower older woods finish mower

/ older woods finish mower #1  

Jack Murdock

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 2032R
I have an older Woods BMB finish mower 62" wide withe three blades looking for parts list so I can order a belt and replacement blades.

Thanks in advance

Jack

/ older woods finish mower #2  
If you still have an intact but worn belt, measuring the belt and coming up with a high quality but cheap belt on line is easy.

Watch this youtube video.

How to Measure V-Belts - YouTube

You will learn how to determine the length of the belt and the width of the belt.

For my 72" finishing mower by Landpride the belt is a BP158.

The "B" is the width of 5/8". The 158 is the outside length of the belt in inches.

Lastly and most importantly, the "P" is the designator for Kevlar. The tough cord material you want in any mower belt.

While all manufacturers have their own unique internal part number, they also follow the universal numbering scheme so a Carlisle BP158 and a Dayco or Goodyear BP158 are the same.

If you order a V belt on eBay from D & D, I have found that although they describe their belts as being BP, what you get is just a B which does not last.

For blades, again quality cheap replacements are available if you follow this youtube video on how to measure your blade. The blade length is measured diagonally as you will see.
How to Measure Your Mower Blade - YouTube

Dave M7040

/ older woods finish mower
If you still have an intact but worn belt, measuring the belt and coming up with a high quality but cheap belt on line is easy.

Watch this youtube video.

How to Measure V-Belts - YouTube

You will learn how to determine the length of the belt and the width of the belt.

For my 72" finishing mower by Landpride the belt is a BP158.

The "B" is the width of 5/8". The 158 is the outside length of the belt in inches.

Lastly and most importantly, the "P" is the designator for Kevlar. The tough cord material you want in any mower belt.

While all manufacturers have their own unique internal part number, they also follow the universal numbering scheme so a Carlisle BP158 and a Dayco or Goodyear BP158 are the same.

If you order a V belt on eBay from D & D, I have found that although they describe their belts as being BP, what you get is just a B which does not last.

For blades, again quality cheap replacements are available if you follow this youtube video on how to measure your blade. The blade length is measured diagonally as you will see.
How to Measure Your Mower Blade - YouTube

Dave M7040

Thank you very much. Very helpful. Jack