Oil suggestions

/ Oil suggestions #1  

Andrewnyc

Tractor
Allmand brothers 425
Hello,
have an allmand 425 Tlb - small loader excavator, kubota diesel d1105, Eaton had hydrostat, Ross ME series drive.

the manual says for hydraulic oil requirements, use a sae20/ iso 68/ gl-4 “ high quality multipurpose fluid “ Any ideas on a reasonably priced oil? 12 gallons, I think 10 with a change.

it sat for a long while and when I replaced a stabilizer hose, the oil in the stabilizer cylinder was brown like it was a little rusty, but it’s not burnt. Do I need to flush these things or just bring it up to temp and change the filters and fluid?
thanks,
Andrew

/ Oil suggestions
Ok so I found something available not too far away mobil delvac tractor hydraulic fluid. It’s gl-4, and almost the iso I need. I called tech, but language barrier, they said it’s 55 centistokes so I figure that means it’s like an iso 55 is that close enough to 68?

/ Oil suggestions #3  
Cant hurt to drain anything you can if it looks contaminated.

/ Oil suggestions #4  
I realize this is months later but I used a Napa gl4 hydraulic fluid. I had used tractor supply in the past just to top off but I did not like what I saw when I got to the bottom of the bucket. It looked like a lot of particles in the traveler tractor supply bucket.

Attachments

• 47FCCD75-7E9C-4E9E-B9B5-6481A7FB0B87.jpeg
    47FCCD75-7E9C-4E9E-B9B5-6481A7FB0B87.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 93
   / Oil suggestions #5  
I realize this is months later but I used a Napa gl4 hydraulic fluid. I had used tractor supply in the past just to top off but I did not like what I saw when I got to the bottom of the bucket. It looked like a lot of particles in the traveler tractor supply bucket.

Wow. That's some serious contamination. I wonder how many smaller particles were suspended and poured into your machine?

/ Oil suggestions #6  
I ended up draining the whole machine not long after that and changing all the filters. I’ll gladly pay the extra for the Napa stuff from here on out.

/ Oil suggestions #7  
That looks like used oil. My guess is that a scammer bought a bucket of oil, changed it, poured the old oil back into the bucket, carefully cleaned it to make it look new and took it back to Tractor Supply for a refund.

/ Oil suggestions #8  
The bucket cover had the plastic ring around it and all the tabs were super tight. I actually purchased two 5 gallon buckets when it was on sale. I think it was just sitting a verrryyy long time on the shelf and then another two months or so by time I had needed to use it. The color in the photo I believe to be mostly caused by the lighting and reflection of a plywood roof. I was more concerned about the little particles along the edges that looks like a pan from gold mining.

/ Oil suggestions #9  
The bucket cover had the plastic ring around it and all the tabs were super tight. I actually purchased two 5 gallon buckets when it was on sale. I think it was just sitting a verrryyy long time on the shelf and then another two months or so by time I had needed to use it. The color in the photo I believe to be mostly caused by the lighting and reflection of a plywood roof. I was more concerned about the little particles along the edges that looks like a pan from gold mining.

Easy for me to say, but honestly I would have taken that back to the retailer. Not just for replacement, but for whatever it took to get that crap out of the machine, along with filter expense.

/ Oil suggestions #10  
Its oil..its alreaty thousands of years old before it goes into the bucket.

I have used tractor supply oils and other cheap oils and dont see any of the stuff you found in that bucket.