Oil Equivalents

/ Oil Equivalents #11  
OK thanks, big question is, I notice the Shell has a 15-40 Synthetic Motor Oil, is the 15-40 ok to use ?
AND what about the HST Trans Oil the local O'Riely's can get two types... which are you using?
For where you are, absolutely any weight diesel oil will do, from straight 30 weight to a 0W-40. 15-40 is very much okay. "Because it was there" I bought the Shell Rotella T6 Synthetic 5W-40, but no way do I work my 27hp tractor hard enough to need it. Changing oil 'by the clock' I'm throwing away oil that is actually good for a lot longer.

I use the Shell RotellaHD HST fluid, also from the Temecula Walmart.

I forgot to get gear oil while there, so got Travelers 80-90 from Tractor Supply for the front axle.

/ Oil Equivalents
Scrambler82, I get my Kioti (Daedong) filters from Greene's. They also sell Mahindra filters
My Kioti CK27 HST filter package is $102.95 for all OEM except air filter (Baldwin), but of course that means little for your Mahindra needs.

Thanks, it means a lot that you took the time to help !

/ Oil Equivalents #13  
Here is what I use in mine. IMG_20190525_100337011.jpegIMG_20190525_100353261.jpeg

/ Oil Equivalents
I ordered all of my Fluids and a Fluid Pump for the HST Fluid, from Tractor Supply (TSC)... asked for Local Store Pickup and immediately got a response saying the Order was ready.

I ordered the Filter Kit for the Max28 from Bill's Tractor and Equip. and got a Military Discount, but you have to ask for it !

I will pick up the Fluids today from TSC and the Filters will be here when they get here; a job for another day.

Triple digits coming !

Thanks to all for the great input.

/ Oil Equivalents #16  
I forgot about the pump for the 5 gallon pail. I got mine at Tractor Supply also, Traveller brand I think. That definitely makes it much easier to fill the transmission.

It's not a bad job to do other than the one HST filter that sits vertically just under the tractor body. It can be a little tricky to get on and off in such a tight and awkward space.

That also reminds me about the fluid drainage container. 26 quarts, if I remember correctly, fills up a container quick. I have a 24 quart container that works great for the majority of it.

/ Oil Equivalents
I forgot about the pump for the 5 gallon pail. I got mine at Tractor Supply also, Traveller brand I think. That definitely makes it much easier to fill the transmission.

It's not a bad job to do other than the one HST filter that sits vertically just under the tractor body. It can be a little tricky to get on and off in such a tight and awkward space.

That also reminds me about the fluid drainage container. 26 quarts, if I remember correctly, fills up a container quick. I have a 24 quart container that works great for the majority of it.

Thx for the help.
I am waiting for the filters, when they get here the Tractor goes on in the Barn after a short run to warm things up and then pull the drain plugs and let it drain for a while.
I need a large container for the Trans Fluid... wondering what height will be needed to fit under the Tractor.

I have a feeling this will be a long draining of the bulk of the trans fluid, I have a standard automotive drain pan, will have to see how many quarts fix... it is a little oversized.
Now I need a low profile drain pan, I will have to measure how much clearance I have and then start looking, maybe tractor supply has one.

Ltr

Added 1000 hrs: Just purchased from Advance Auto Parts, a 24 Quart Oil Drain Pan, easy pour... 13, 5-Star reviews, nothing bad to say about it; Amazon had decent reviews too !
Hoping it will turn out ok.

Now waiting for Filters and Drain Pan.

Thanks to "tmcj" for reminding me about a container to drain the 24 quarts Trans Fluid.

Last edited:
   / Oil Equivalents
My thanks to all that posted to this thread.
I am kind of a little slow on the uptake since the 70th B-Day, but once I get going it is Pedal to the Metal.

Sometimes I just need a little push which I got from the postings to this Thread !

Thx / Ltr

/ Oil Equivalents
Will Advance take your used oil when you are done?

I purchased the Fluids from Tractor Supply (TSC), but I will ask both of them when I pickup the pieces.

Back in MA, the company you purchased the oil from, will take it back IF it is in the new oil containers and sealed.

Not even sure out here in SoCal but I am going to find out, can't imagine how to get rid of used oil if not back through the purchasing store.

Thanks for bringing that up.