Oil & Fuel oil dripping out blow tube

/ oil dripping out blow tube #21  
This Thread sound like one on the Whale site! When the price of Diesel was going up every night I was goiing to run the Cummins on whale oil,America's first renewable resource !

/ oil dripping out blow tube
my yanmar 20 hp has 446 hours
started dripping a quart every 2 hrs or less out blow tube off valve cover
what is up with it ???
it's a 83 year model 4 wheel drive
i bought it used with 435 hours and it looks new
tube might have been plugged to sale ???
could this be the start of blowed head gasket ?
no oil in water or water in oil
it's hard to start now , but winter is on way so temps at night have dropped
no excessive smoke out exhaust , no bubbles in radiator .
how do you check compression ?
yeah thats why i need to tear mine down , blowing oil i'd say out into crankcase . was little but 580 hours a quart a hour now .

/ oil dripping out blow tube #23  
yeah thats why i need to tear mine down , blowing oil i'd say out into crankcase . was little but 580 hours a quart a hour now .

WOW, years later you replied to the thread you had started. that's neat.

/ oil dripping out blow tube #24  
I have a Yanmar 1500D that has a very small amount of oil at the end of the blow by tube coming out of the crankcase vent housing. The only difference is that once it starts up and runs for about a minute there is white smoke coming from the tube also, and when you uinscrew the oil filler cap the same white smoke comes from there also. I have worked on several cars before, never diesel, and am wondering how long or difficult it would be to rebuild the rings....the engine was totally rebuilt last year and worked fine all spring and summer until about a month ago....never did overheat and I changed the oil and filter as scheduled. Should I rebuild again or get a match and look for a new tractor?
Before you get your shorts in a wad find a good plow and take it out in a field and try to pull the flukes off the plow for an hour or two. Bring it back and change the oil and filter. You may be pleasantly surprised.

If that does no good get a pint of Sea Foam and add it to the oil sump. Fire it up and run it at 1500 RPM for half an hour, just sitting, not moving around. When finished drain the oil and filter and check your progress.

The above have worked for me on different tractors depending on how I use them. Usually its the non worked-hard ones that get gummed up. Sure better than have to stop and do an overhaul.

/ oil dripping out blow tube #25  
Need a head? Yanmars crack, some models do. Not too bad a job to do. Maybe a bad head gasket. But in all my life it was always the head. Kubota does it too.