NX6010 Water Damage

/ NX6010 Water Damage #1  

cutthroat

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti RX7320PSC
So got into my Cab this weekend and noticed this water damage. Tractor is stored inside, so not from rain or being outdoors. My guess is wiper fluid hose, as the nozzle is right outside or AC drain.

To date my issues:

two cracked panel around bolts on inside wheel fender well
all fuel injectors bad
water damage from wiper fluid line or AC drain

two recalls
ECU reprogram
SSQA Loader compatibility

Really only the fuel injector issue has caused me downtime. These are more problems than I was expecting, but my dealer and Kioti have been great at getting taken care of. Glad I have the 2 year bumper to bumper warranty. I do see they are now offering a 6 year powertrain warranty. Nice!

-Craig

Attachments

• IMG_20160921_164113.jpg
    IMG_20160921_164113.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 212
  • IMG_20160921_164137.jpg
    IMG_20160921_164137.jpg
    955.8 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
   / NX6010 Water Damage #2  
So got into my Cab this weekend and noticed this water damage. Tractor is stored inside, so not from rain or being outdoors. My guess is wiper fluid hose, as the nozzle is right outside or AC drain.

To date my issues:

two cracked panel around bolts on inside wheel fender well
all fuel injectors bad
water damage from wiper fluid line or AC drain

two recalls
ECU reprogram
SSQA Loader compatibility

Really only the fuel injector issue has caused me downtime. These are more problems than I was expecting, but my dealer and Kioti have been great at getting taken care of. Glad I have the 2 year bumper to bumper warranty. I do see they are now offering a 6 year powertrain warranty. Nice!

-Craig

Craig, how did the fuel injector problem present itself? No start, misfires, rough running, etc.? Did the dealer mention if others have had the problem?

Regarding drive train warranties, I think your tractor already has a five year, doesn't it? :thumbsup:

/ NX6010 Water Damage #3  
Are you getting any freezing temps there now?

I've got some MIIV VWs and they're fraught with washer wiper issues, hoses tend to pop off and leak. I've learned to look to not use the wiper washers if it's freezing out, as the washer ends/jets could be partially frozen (or if it's been really cold the lines themselves) and present enough back pressure to pop the lines off of fittings. Fluids come in different freeze ratings, so if you've got the right/sufficient rating for your temps then it should be OK: I'd first read about this from someone in the UK talking about switching from "summer" to "winter" washer fluid! Some people put clamps on all the fittings; this may result in keeping the hoses on the fittings and cause the hose to split out in an area that's a LOT harder to access! :(

Hopefully this instance isn't systemic (engineering/spec issue) and is "just" a QA issue on the fittings.

My tractor may end up spending its time outside. Get LOTS of rain here. I'm hoping that the cabs seal up well.

/ NX6010 Water Damage
No Freezing temps here yet. Nowhere close. Sent a picture to my dealer and he says most likely the drain hole for the AC drain pan got clogged up. He says he has seen this in other tractors like New Holland. Not sure what would have gotten up there to clog it though. Anyway, will probably take it in a week or two and have them take a look. Hope it is warranty, that liner might be expensive.

-Craig

/ NX6010 Water Damage
Craig, how did the fuel injector problem present itself? No start, misfires, rough running, etc.? Did the dealer mention if others have had the problem?

Regarding drive train warranties, I think your tractor already has a five year, doesn't it? :thumbsup:

The fuel injector issue manifested itself with loss of power while under load. Also the tractor just sounded differently. I have a lot of hilly land. Normally while in medium I could accelerate up them. When injectors where acting up, tractor would all but stall while going up the hills. No this was the first time my dealer had heard/seen the problem. They don't sell a lot of NX's though. I believe others have reported having a single bad injector, all of mine were determined bad and replaced.

Yeah I thought I had some warranty on my tractor which was 5 years, but couldn't find anything documented. The additional 2 year powertrain warranty is what the Kioti website was stating as a limited time promotion. So thought maybe mine was 4.

/ NX6010 Water Damage
So did some more investigative work today as to where this water was coming from. First I took off the roof, well took off the nuts so I could raise it and take a look. I then ran the AC for about 15 minutes and confirmed both drains from the cab were working correctly. Water was dripping out a lot, and no water in the roof. I then ran the wiper washer for a few times and again looked and no water. What I did find was the grommet that seals the hole for the front work light power wire was popped out of its hole. Best I can think is perhaps water got in from a rain shower. BUT I rarely park my tractor outside and can't recall it recently being out in the rain. So not ready to say with certainty that was the problem.

-Craig

Attachments

• IMG_20160925_082140.jpg
    IMG_20160925_082140.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 113
  • IMG_20160925_082153.jpg
    IMG_20160925_082153.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 109
   / NX6010 Water Damage #7  
Craig, try blasting the outside with a hose and watching for leakage. Best done using two people, one inside the cab and one outside running the hose.

I'd still look harder at the existing plumbing bits. Maybe try to plug up the wiper washer outlet and see if the pressure backs up anywhere: careful to not run it too much and stress the pump.

Also, check all the penetration points on the upper cab. Water can find itself in one place and then run elsewhere and the fan out.

To me it seems like you'd have had to have had quite a bit of rain in order to achieve that level of staining. For what it's worth, I have used "Awesome" cleaner (I think the carpet variant, though might not matter that much) to clean (use dabbing) the headliner in the wife's Golf (leaking washer fluid).

/ NX6010 Water Damage
Dealer was out today and we decided the most likely source of the leak was from the grommet being unseated. He is going to reach out to Kioti and see if they will replace the liner under warranty.

-Craig