Not a good time to buy a car

/ Not a good time to buy a car #101  
I watch a few car channels on Utube and the consensus is that by summer prices should start coming down to more reasonable levels as dealers are starting to lose money on cars sitting on the lots. Auction prices are coming down which indicate prices in general on cars are going down.

I need to buy a used car for my high school daughter so it will be interesting. I use to be able to find a decent car for $4k cash easy a few years ago.

Yep, high prices and high interest rates are forcing the dealers out of ”greed mode”.
I just found a new/leftover trailer for a very reasonable price.

You have to really scour the ads & dealers to find a great or even a good deal today.

/ Not a good time to buy a car #102  
Yup !
I had to hunt for 4 months to find a truck that was low miles and a fair price. I must of looked at hundreds of them.
We only buy very low mile vehicles, the deals are getting better out there, but prices will continue to drop even further.
If you are looking and have patience, its worth the wait.

/ Not a good time to buy a car #103  
HD diesel pickups are now 80k-100k
I have a 2004 Dodge Cummins 2500 4x4 SLT. Bought it brand new 18 years ago. i think I paid 39K.
The first picture is of it at the dealership when I first picked it up.
Second picture is what it looks like now.
I had an 04 also, what they called an early 04. I generally like the truck but the headlights were dim, the door seals let in a lot of wind noise and rust eventually chased me out of it. In Texas I imagine rust isn’t an issue.
0A21ECD7-5EE5-4171-83CE-06EFDB062959.jpeg

/ Not a good time to buy a car #104  
I have a 2004 also that spends most of its time with a cabover camper on it. Not a spot of rust anywhere (spent its life in the desert) and has been problem free. Even spending most of its life loaded and towing the overall lifetime fuel mileage, hand calculated, is 14.24 mpg. I will be driving this truck until I die.
P1018645er.jpg

/ Not a good time to buy a car #105  
Placed an order for a 2023 Maverick Lariat hydrid with heated seats. Cannot get on the order portal until August.

In the meanwhile, an ecoboost 4wd came in fairly loaded in XLT trim. Dealer was asking $5k above MSRP. Didn't like it. Could have gotten it without the $5k because the sales guy didn't mention that to get us to come look at it.

Bought a new RTV.

/ Not a good time to buy a car #106  
I have a 2004 also that spends most of its time with a cabover camper on it. Not a spot of rust anywhere (spent its life in the desert) and has been problem free. Even spending most of its life loaded and towing the overall lifetime fuel mileage, hand calculated, is 14.24 mpg. I will be driving this truck until I die.
View attachment 782567
I just bought a 2005 Dodge dually so I can pull a trailer while have my Bigfoot loaded.
IMG_5187 (2).JPG
IMG_5162 (2).JPG

/ Not a good time to buy a car #107  
I just bought a 2005 Dodge dually so I can pull a trailer while have my Bigfoot loaded.

Outstanding! I see your 2005 has the free spin conversion on the front end, same as mine! Great mod...I use low range a lot when backing up with a trailer and it is nice to do that without having to fight the front end (leave hubs unlocked).

I think the last few years it was offered in the Dodge trucks, the 5.9 was the best combination of power and reliability.

/ Not a good time to buy a car #108  
Outstanding! I see your 2005 has the free spin conversion on the front end, same as mine! Great mod...I use low range a lot when backing up with a trailer and it is nice to do that without having to fight the front end (leave hubs unlocked).

I think the last few years it was offered in the Dodge trucks, the 5.9 was the best combination of power and reliability.
I really love my 1996 f350 but I would not feel comfortable towing a trailer with the camper loaded. I would be at max. capacity on the rear axle.

/ Not a good time to buy a car #109  
View attachment 782567
I have a 2004 also. Bought it new.