Noob Here...Seeking a Tractor Education

/ Noob Here...Seeking a Tractor Education #11  
Can do bush hogging, wood chipping and snow moving with only 18.5 engine hp. If doing much dirt moving, you'll need more hp. However, first job with my 18.5 hp/1300# tractor (a 4010, like a 2019E if made today) was to scoop up and move 22 tons of gravel. Did fine.

Presently have a 24.5 hp 2025R because JD doesn't make one smaller now. Too much hp. Mostly run it 2000-2500 rpm vs. "PTO" speed of 3000. Just do not need its hp.

Work on the hill behind the house a lot. Just have to move slowly and try to move up/down hill and not across. That gravel I spread first was on the tractor path that goes across the hill.

Welcome to TBN.
I do plenty of dirt moving with a Mahindra 1626. Gravel too. Even on hills with no problems.

/ Noob Here...Seeking a Tractor Education #12  
I do plenty of dirt moving with a Mahindra 1626. Gravel too. Even on hills with no problems.
Mahindra make their rearends out of iron…John Deere makes there’s out of tin and JD charges you extra for a drawbar. The wheels aren’t adjustable and frankly, they’re just too much money.

/ Noob Here...Seeking a Tractor Education #13  
Mahindra make their rearends out of iron…John Deere makes there’s out of tin and JD charges you extra for a drawbar. The wheels aren’t adjustable and frankly, they’re just too much money.
Well JD burned me in the early 90s with a commercial mower. They basically told me they didn't care about me as a customer so I won't ever be one again.

/ Noob Here...Seeking a Tractor Education #14  
Well JD burned me in the early 90s with a commercial mower. They basically told me they didn't care about me as a customer so I won't ever be one again.
When I was wanting to trade my Gator, I called and the salesman told me “they didn’t have anything I’d want…”. Another Deere dealer walked right past me, I asked if they’d take a Cub in trade, he said nope and just kept on walking. The new Kubota dealership was bought out by a conglomerate and unless you’re buying a $75000 excavator, they won’t give you the time of day. The Mahindra/Cub dealer goes way above and beyond to deliver customer service. That’s not true for everyone I know, point us is, if the dealer treats you like crap at the point of sake, imagine how nice they’ll be when you need parts/service

/ Noob Here...Seeking a Tractor Education #15  
When I was wanting to trade my Gator, I called and the salesman told me “they didn’t have anything I’d want…”. Another Deere dealer walked right past me, I asked if they’d take a Cub in trade, he said nope and just kept on walking. The new Kubota dealership was bought out by a conglomerate and unless you’re buying a $75000 excavator, they won’t give you the time of day. The Mahindra/Cub dealer goes way above and beyond to deliver customer service. That’s not true for everyone I know, point us is, if the dealer treats you like crap at the point of sake, imagine how nice they’ll be when you need parts/service
Very true. I don't like my local Mahindra dealer. Very arrogant, doesn't want to listen to what I have to say. Unfortunately, I liked the tractor and it was what I was familiar with so I bought it 5 hours away. I did save a lot of money but originally I wasn't worried about the money, I wanted to support the local guy but I guess he just really didn't want my business.

/ Noob Here...Seeking a Tractor Education #16  
Dealerships go both ways. I've experienced the attitude from a lot of brands. Luckily there are 3 local (within 50mi) Mahindra dealers.

The one I bought from only deals in Mahindra and Stihl, along with 1 or 2 local ZT mowers manufacturers. They have supported the time my eMax25s needed the muffler replaced. Recently they will work with me on the Max26 I bought off a private sale.

Last edited:
   / Noob Here...Seeking a Tractor Education #17  
Dealerships go both ways. I've experienced the attitude from a lot of brands. Luckily there are 3 local (within 50mi) Mahindra dealers.

The one I bought from only deals in Mahindra and Stihl, along with 1 or 2 local ZT mowers manufacturers. They have supported the time my eMax25s needed the muffler replaced. Recently they will work with me on the Max26 I bought off a private sale.
It's strange, my local dealer with the attitude was a new dealer (existing business), next closest dealer never answered the phone or returned my calls. The one 5 hours away was an established Mahindra dealer and they were awesome. Went above and beyond.

The one that didn't answer the phone redeemed themselves this year when I added a backhoe.

Guy closest to me I won't buy filters or anything from.

/ Noob Here...Seeking a Tractor Education #18  
Back in 1978 I bought a new Volkswagen rabbit the was terrible tooooooo.:rolleyes: