Backhoe Non quick attach bucket changes. Nut and bolt replacements?

/ Non quick attach bucket changes. Nut and bolt replacements? #1  

joea99

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B21, JD 240GT
Lately have a need to change buckets on Kubota backhoe, swapping between a toothed and smooth bucket and a "root ripper" claw from Bxpanded. Which BTW makes root ripping almost fun. But I may be repeating myself. Attachment is via a conventional (?) nut and bolt though the pin hole.

While that is OK, especially since I am way to cheap to spring for any of the quick change setups, I'm looking for a way to replace the nut and bolt with something secure but quick. It's a bit tedious as there is not enough room to get a gear-wrench or any kind of ratchet on there, only a open end or (some) box ends will fit.

So, looking for some sort of pin and clip that would be secure enough to dig with and not come loose.

/ Non quick attach bucket changes. Nut and bolt replacements? #2  
So, looking for some sort of pin and clip that would be secure enough to dig with and not come loose.

I do not think so. No pin will be tight enough.

Why not pose your question to BXexpanded?

It is highly probably BXexpanded has a powered tool they recommend for tightening/loosening bolts with their claw.

Last edited:
   / Non quick attach bucket changes. Nut and bolt replacements? #3  
I had a quick attach on my homemade backhoe, the pin for the bucket was notorious for disappearing, never found a pin that would stay. I can tell you a standard lynch pin would dissappear randomly. Being on the pin boss may help in your situation.

If you can find one that fits tight enough and is the right length, you might be able to use a quick release ball detent style pin.

Sent from my SM-G715U1 using TractorByNet mobile app

/ Non quick attach bucket changes. Nut and bolt replacements? #4  
There are HD lynch pins that have a much stronger spring retainer. The B26 has this for the one pin on the QD backhoe buckets. Surprisingly has yet to be lost.

For other backhoe buckets prefer a bolt with lock nut. Doesn’t have to be tightened down. Just enough to thread thru the nut.

/ Non quick attach bucket changes. Nut and bolt replacements?