NH Powerstar won't shift into low range

/ NH Powerstar won't shift into low range #1  

evergreen4

Tractor
New Holland Powerstar 75
My brand new 2021 NH Powerstar 75 will not shift into low range. The tractor has low, medium, and high range. The tractor shifts fine into medium and high range. If the tractor is left to sit (not running for several hours) I can shift into low range one time. When I bring the shift lever out of low range, the shift lever will not go back into low range...doesn't even feel like low range exists. NH mechanic came to look at tractor and determined the problem was not in the transmission, but the problem is in the range shifter linkage. NH has made it virtually impossible to remove the range shifter boot for some reason. The loader joy stick boot and the gear shifter boot can be easily removed, but not the range shifter boot. Even the mechanic couldn't remove the range shifter boot. The mechanic left by saying "they would need to bring it into the shop and order parts." Any ideas why this tractor won't go into low range? This tractor has a Power Shuttle transmission with 12 forward gears and 12 reverse gears.

/ NH Powerstar won't shift into low range #2  
Is the 3 range in line or an h.
Can you get under the cab and see what is happening as you shift it.
Have you tried shutting the engine off and going for low?
Have you tried with the tractor just barely rolling?

/ NH Powerstar won't shift into low range #3  
Sounds like it needs a warranty repair to get it adjusted correctly. Let the dealer do it. I had an issue with the PTO not disengaging when my WM75 was new. It took 2 trips to the dealer and help from NH tech support to get it adjusted but it works fine now.

/ NH Powerstar won't shift into low range
The low range is by itself to the left and down. The is nothing above low range (doesn't have "park," but does have a hand-activated brake lever to the left of the driver seat. Medium is to the right and down and High is to the right and up. You can not see anything up through the cab floor. Each morning, I get in the cab, sit in the seat, and without starting the tractor or pushing in the clutch, I reach over to the range shift lever, and the range shift lever will go into low range easily (one time.) Then I bring the range shift lever up and out of low range to "neutral." I try to put the range shift lever back into low range, and it's like something drops or moves, and it is impossible to put the range shift lever back into low range. After several hours, I can put the range shift lever back into low range (one time). I haven't tried putting the tractor in low range with the tractor barely rolling. I will give that a try. Thanks.

/ NH Powerstar won't shift into low range #6  
The WM75 is the utility version of the PowerStar. I don't use low very much but when you need it, you need it, so let them fix it. I run mine in mid-range between 1st and 2nd for mowing. High-range was for roading to the gas station, which I don't do any more since I got a bulk storage tank.

/ NH Powerstar won't shift into low range #7  
Wor
The WM75 is the utility version of the PowerStar. I don't use low very much but when you need it, you need it, so let them fix it. I run mine in mid-range between 1st and 2nd for mowing. High-range was for roading to the gas station, which I don't do any more since I got a bulk storage tank.
Workmasters and Powerstars are different tractors built on different continents. One is not a version of the other.

/ NH Powerstar won't shift into low range #8  
Also had one experience with a fault in the shifter mechanism itself that inhibited proper shifting.
As suggested, let the dealer fix it under warranty.