Newbie from E. KY-HELLO!

/ Newbie from E. KY-HELLO!
Not so certain anybody here gets "raised on" moonshine but plenty used to make it. One friend taught carpentry(I worked in tech ed here/KY for many years) and he & his county(birth place of some famous country singer songwriters too, like Keith Whitley! and are well known for shine as is my own county. Not much these days as sadly the illicit thing is the pill trade. My wife's from here & her Mommas uncle was a revenuer -died when she was a kid-name was Uncle Wintz. We live near to Natural Bridge St Pk if you like to google places.
FWIW, I have one DIL from N AL, son that lives/works near Bham.
When I worked @ Goodyear- Topeka plant we had a guy from SOUTHERN VA (that's the hillbilly part as opposed to blue bloods up north there!), a transplant form local Forbes AF Base-nickname was "hillbilly" and missing several of his beaver teeth so had a "whispy" thing when he talked.
I look more like Clark Gable-before he died!;)

/ Newbie from E. KY-HELLO! #13  
Cars & helos & industry. Euro cars-BMW/SAAB @ dealer & my beginning was to help an USAF guy prep his Fiat Abarth for SCCA racing-a long time ago. I served an apprenticeship as a industrial mechanic with Goodyear @ Topeka Plant. I wanted to be an electrician and was offered pipefitter, to which I asked is that all my choices and took mechanic.I am a life long MC rider & do my own fixing on them plus farm machines too over the years-on farm only never a dealer. I built wrecked euro cars on the side for many years but not one since 2008-no $ in it and I've aged into my MC hobby & also lifelong woodworker too so plenty to do-when not coming off shoulder surgery as I am now doing! It's a PITA too, even @ 3 months out on 3/19 very limiting! My pleasure is a full rotator cuff tear which the doc was able to reattach and now i can tie my shoes, been sleeping in a real bed(not recliner) for couple weeks and generally much better. It's all about certain muscles and ROM. Age 71 makes for a tougher road back and now researching hip replacements-decent looking guy in a worn out body, so it seems...

I worked for a stint at a SAAB dealer too. It was, as you know, a SAAB story. :laughing:

I used to race MCs but an injury now prevents me from even riding bikes. I miss the hooliganism.

/ Newbie from E. KY-HELLO!
Hey KyKid; What version of the DK40 do you have? DK40, DK40s, DK40SE? Gear drive and shuttle shift? The first digit of the serial number indicates the build year.

The plate reads: 161500232 shuttle shift, had like 105 hrs when I bought it out of GA and @ 356 hrs now. It looks exactly like the tractor on my owners manual for DK35,40,450L-exception is the rollbar is straight on sides, unlike the manual picture. Bought on ebay from a N GA equipment dealer who's daughter got it back from a divorce. I put a hyd. valve kit on it to use a rear log splitter, with the only other thing is batteries, fluids and filters.
very decent machine IMO. Kioti has some "tacky plastic" here and there-reminds me of the early Japanese cars before they cleaned up the little stuff and went for mainstream.
Kioti mostly used for logging on my place("feeds" my Woodmizer for wood working hobby) and we are hard core gardeners too. Truth be known, until I have two arms & done with shoulder surgery rehab it sits.Been letting neighbor cut falls for firewood. He came & helped me change out the oil as even the drain pan is too much weight for now.
Eric-As for MC's mine is lonely! I should be ready to ride sometime this summer but hard to say what with a hard core rehab underway. I hear 6 months + for full tear shoulders. I am a life long rider, other than few years prior to CTS release surgery in 2000/01 Far as pulling wrenches I switched by virtue of return to college in 1973 @ age 30 -worked in tech ed as said, most of that time but also local schools at the end.