First tractor - ~20 acres, Debating Yanmar YT235 vs Kubota L3902

/ First tractor - ~20 acres, Debating Yanmar YT235 vs Kubota L3902 #31  
Your State Forestry Service is the place to start. They will give you a list of reputable forestry contractors who do that type of work. But I want to emphasize that in the forestry business, we never get bids by the hour or any other time period. We always solicit bids by the acre and these contractors are familiar with walking the project area and bidding that way. You never know what the costs will be if you get bids by the hour or day and you are paying for inefficiencies when you contract an hourly or daily rate.
Good point. When I hire from the State Univ. foresters they always come up and walk the area before they give a bid. I don't think they are bidding by the acre or by the hour, though. They seem to be bidding by the job here in the mountains.

/ First tractor - ~20 acres, Debating Yanmar YT235 vs Kubota L3902 #32  
Good point. When I hire from the State Univ. foresters they always come up and walk the area before they give a bid. I don't think they are bidding by the acre or by the hour, though. They seem to be bidding by the job here in the mountains.
Job/acre = same thing. Each job is a defined acreage. They are probably just doing per acre estimate when they walk it and multiplying by your total acreage.