New (used) IH 7500 Dump Truck purchase, modification & fix up

/ New (used) IH 7500 Dump Truck purchase, modification & fix up #431  
I've had good luck using an industrial rust remover, like a CLR on steroids, haven't got any now as I used it for removing rust stains on my shower or I'd post the name. If the aluminum is pitted bad, you'll probably end up using actual polishing bonnetts and compound.

/ New (used) IH 7500 Dump Truck purchase, modification & fix up #432  
I’ve used a product called “Never Dull”. It’s a cotton wadding with some kind of cleaner impregnated in it.

/ New (used) IH 7500 Dump Truck purchase, modification & fix up #433  
If the aluminum isn't badly pitted then I recommend trying Speedy Metal Polish. This stuff works great to remove stains of all kinds from most metal surfaces. I've been using it for years to get the exhaust staining off of my motorcycle pipes and clean up cycle wheels.

You don't have to buy it on Amazon... Available from other sources too.

/ New (used) IH 7500 Dump Truck purchase, modification & fix up
First I need to replace the rusting cab steps, so it doesn’t continue to happen.

/ New (used) IH 7500 Dump Truck purchase, modification & fix up #435  
Would you be any better off blasting them and getting them coated? any cheaper?

Would you be any better off blasting them and getting them coated? any cheaper?
Drivers side is somewhat slavageable.
Passenger side looks bad.

Wheel studs resolved.
I can’t believe it, but it might actually be time to go make some money back with it.
Maybe in the next week or 2.

Yesterday afternoon I picked up a “new” (take off) 48”x18”x18” Buyers HD steel toolbox. It’s their heavier duty line with thicker steel and a better lock. Seller threw-in a pair of frame-mounting brackets.
It’s long enough for chain saws, fuel containers and some ratchet straps or chains. Will mount this one to the passenger side.
I want to do a smaller one on the drivers side. Maybe a 3 footer.

1702729072430.jpeg

Blows my mind how expensive things have gotten. This tool box is about $600 now. I paid 1/2 that by buying used.
I wanted black aluminum, but after having owned aluminum tool boxes for years, I don’t like them quite as much

/ New (used) IH 7500 Dump Truck purchase, modification & fix up #439  
Aluminum looks good but it'll start cracking after a while from constant flexing, hard to repair as well.
You got a good deal on that box especially with the hangers. Don't forget a couple drain holes if there isn't any.

Man this Buyers Pro Series box is friggin HEAVY.