New truck #@$%@#&

/ New truck #@$%@#& #21  
A regular cab F150 4x4 list price is about $35,000.https://www.darlings.com/new/Ford/2018-Ford-F-150-45bc4c600a0e0a177f8108491a78a951.htm I don't believe that you are going to find a standard transmission on a new half-ton pickup; but the new ATs aren't like what you are accustomed to. GM sells what they call a "manual transmission", but it's just an automatic which lets you choose the highest gear it will go into. That was rather confusing when I bought my last truck, as I was looking for a 3/4 ton 4x4 standard shift.

/ New truck #@$%@#& #22  
Ford doesn't put manuals in trucks any more. A friend of mine ordered a stripped down 2018 F250, this is the aluminum one. 6.2 auto, 4.30 gear, 2WD standard cab, 8' bed. It does have air. manual windows and locks, white,26K on the A-plan. Probably 30K retail.

/ New truck #@$%@#& #23  
You could always factory order. Pretty sure Ford, GM, & RAM still offer
basic trucks, even tho dealers don't stock them.

Ya beat me to it.

I suspect that you can still get a "work" truck ordered with cranker windows, 2 doors, and maybe even
a 6-speed manual trans. Once upon a time, that was how many many US-branded cars and
trucks were sold. Turns out, you can order a Toyota, too. Dealers won't tell you that.

/ New truck #@$%@#&
Ford doesn't put manuals in trucks any more. A friend of mine ordered a stripped down 2018 F250, this is the aluminum one. 6.2 auto, 4.30 gear, 2WD standard cab, 8' bed. It does have air. manual windows and locks, white,26K on the A-plan. Probably 30K retail.
That sounds great for the money.

/ New truck #@$%@#& #25  
Ya beat me to it.

I suspect that you can still get a "work" truck ordered with cranker windows, 2 doors, and maybe even
a 6-speed manual trans. Once upon a time, that was how many many US-branded cars and
trucks were sold. Turns out, you can order a Toyota, too. Dealers won't tell you that.

Of the "3", the only standards I've seen lately in full-size trucks are Dodge 3/4 ton+ trucks, and AFAIK, only with the Cummins. Nice powertrain, but not what I'd call a low-cost work truck. Don't know about the windows...

Rgds, D.

/ New truck #@$%@#& #26  

Nice. Pretty much how I'd set up a work truck. Alternate choice would be 5.0L. Only thing I'd add is the factory Elocker.

Rgds, D.

/ New truck #@$%@#& #28  
Of the "3", the only standards I've seen lately in full-size trucks are Dodge 3/4 ton+ trucks, and AFAIK, only with the Cummins. Nice powertrain, but not what I'd call a low-cost work truck. Don't know about the windows...

Rgds, D.

This is correct. No other brand/model truck is available in the USA with a manual tranny except for the Dodge heavy duty. GM gave up on manuals years ago, Ford a few years ago.

/ New truck #@$%@#& #30  
Nice. Pretty much how I'd set up a work truck. Alternate choice would be 5.0L. Only thing I'd add is the factory Elocker.

Rgds, D.

I hope it does have limited slip on the rear end. No 5.0 available in the F250 6.2 gas or 6.7 diesel. He got the 4.3 gear on the rear end with the brake controller, 12.5K hitch, installed a gooseneck himself, rated at 16K with the gooseneck.

This thing has a mountain of low end grunt.