Buying Advice New tractor purchase.

/ New tractor purchase. #41  
Run it and don't worry about it...
You have a good dealer trying to make things right...

/ New tractor purchase. #42  
I've had a couple issues with my Kioti NX5510, but the dealer has been really good about dealing with them. Nothing has kept me from being able to use the tractor: as far as I am concerned this tractor will handle everything I can throw at it and do so time and time again until I'm too old to operate it. I had an early issue with a cab leak and a tweaked loader: both rectified right away. The tractor then racked up the hours until I was right about at the 200 hour mark; I was doing the 200 hr service and noted that the rear axle case on one side appeared to be a bit wet. Sealing issue. Since I have another tractor, and since I was on to other projects that didn't require a bigger tractor, I made it clear to the dealer that I wasn't in a hurry to get the tractor back*. The dealer not only resealed up the one side but they resealed the other side. I'm a firm believer in approaching things as a joint effort. The dealer needs to do good work and be responsive in order to stay in business. I need for there to be a dealer for when there's an issue (or for general maintenance items- I try and run money through them on such things as I know this helps them stay in business). I really demand/expect excellence, and if it ain't happening I'll look to help make it happen: doing so makes everything better.

* I feel that this also gives me a bit of reserve currency to use should I run into a really bind. It's really a lot about how the dealer's experience has been with you: it's only human nature that when people view you more positively that they tend to be a little more receptive to you. A good thing to note here is that people do not like to be rushed: I had some body work done on one of my cars and I gave the guy a LOT of time- I wanted him in the right frame of mind when we worked on it (body work can be like an art form, and this guy can be a little edgy- I would visit him and my car from time to time, always to BS and let him know I wasn't in a hurry; it was a job that most body shops wouldn't touch).

I have a Kubota (B7800) and I love it: got it used with 748 hrs (I've put on about 1,100 hours); I've bad some issues, but have dealt with them myself. I needed to add a bigger tractor but couldn't justify one, not a Kubota (I didn't like the lower end machines, how they were equipped, though for sure they're rock solid machines). My research included an annual survey of manufacturers, feedback from dealers. In the report that I saw I saw Kubota ranked right at the top -no surprise!- but, Kioti was also listed very high on the list. To me this said that these manufacturers supported their dealers (of course, Kubota's support is VERY polished). Never a guarantee, but, armed with all I had researched I pulled the trigger. I have a LONG way to go for this Kioti to cover its cost (my Kubota has), but so far in about 224 hrs its gotten a LOT of work done.

I once bought a washing machine, it was a relatively new design by a reputable manufacturer. It had a couple of problems early on and I was not happy with it after spending a lot of money on it. I did some of the resolution work on it myself (replaced a logic controller board; didn't have to wait for a service person to show up- wanted it running ASAP). After all that I experienced early on I can say that that once questionable piece of equipment has been, for MANY years now, humming along as though it'll run until the end of time. Customers, dealers and manufacturers working together almost guarantees a good outcome. I also look at it like the least I can do is to make sure that someone else coming along is less likely to have headaches.

But as Turbys_1700 says, just RUN IT! And run it as though you have no prior knowledge of any problems. My dealer also sells Mahindras and I probably would have been good going with one as well. After a while, though, need for dealer work is likely going to be long past: newer machines just tend to exhibit problems more so than older ones; once you get a new one settled down they'll tend to stay that way.

/ New tractor purchase. #43  
newer machines just tend to exhibit problems more so than older ones; once you get a new one settled down they'll tend to stay that way.

That's a good way to put it and probably true for most.

OP, the dealer is at least taking care of you no questions asked and has offered a loaner if you have any future issues. That's not bad at all! Like they said, run it & enjoy it.

/ New tractor purchase.
Now waiting on a new hydraulic cylinder for steering. 254 hours. More lost time.

/ New tractor purchase. #45  
Sorry to hear about your problems. I bought a McCormick X1.35 recently because it seems like I was getting more tractor for my money at $20,000. It has 5 year warranty. Here's the way I think of it: A Kubota or Deere tractor with similar capability and weight (that's what make the difference) was going to cost me $13,000 more. $13,000 buys a lot of parts and maintenance after the warranty is up. I'm like you in that this tractor isn't my day job so if it's in the shop I guess I'll do my wood working in garage of some honey do the the wife comes up with. If this tractor was for my day job the calculus would be different but its not.

/ New tractor purchase.
Tractor steering cylinder has been fixed. Now to wait for the Mahindra representative to call me and come and look at my tractor, and then hopefully listen to me as I tell him about all the too many problems I have had with my tractor.

/ New tractor purchase.
I just found a nice heavy duty blade at a good price on Craigslist for the three point on the tractor. This will be nice for moving snow, and building and maintaining roads and trails. It will rotate 360, tilt, and offset. IMG_3414.JPGIMG_3415.JPG

/ New tractor purchase. #48  
Tractor steering cylinder has been fixed. Now to wait for the Mahindra representative to call me and come and look at my tractor, and then hopefully listen to me as I tell him about all the too many problems I have had with my tractor.

A lot of the guys on here are more patient and kind than me. That's probably good for the world. :thumbsup:

I would ditch this problem machine. It's depreciating more and more every day. You've already taken the hit. Sell it for what you can, buy a Kubota (or whatever suits you) and don't look back.

I can't stand having equipment I can't count on. Even though I don't do this stuff for a living, I expect everything I have to be ready to run at any moment. Anything less gets dealt with. If I can't repair it, it goes. This is within your control. End the frustration. If Mahindra won't take it back, ditch it and tell everyone you know about your experience.

I appreciate all the 'testers' out there in TBN land. It keeps a cowardly Kubota owner like me advised on how good or bad the options are.

/ New tractor purchase.
A lot of the guys on here are more patient and kind than me. That's probably good for the world. :thumbsup:

I would ditch this problem machine. It's depreciating more and more every day. You've already taken the hit. Sell it for what you can, buy a Kubota (or whatever suits you) and don't look back.

I can't stand having equipment I can't count on. Even though I don't do this stuff for a living, I expect everything I have to be ready to run at any moment. Anything less gets dealt with. If I can't repair it, it goes. This is within your control. End the frustration. If Mahindra won't take it back, ditch it and tell everyone you know about your experience.

I appreciate all the 'testers' out there in TBN land. It keeps a cowardly Kubota owner like me advised on how good or bad the options are.

I have considered that. But financially I can't do it right now. I would likely lose 15-20% of the value when I trade it in and I can't afford it. I'm waiting for the Mahindra representative to contact me. I thought I would hear from him this week, but haven't. I was told he was in training last week. Maybe this coming one. We shall see. We shall also see what Mahindra and the dealer will do for a customer who has gone through too many problems and lost too many days to work on his tractor.