New to tractors and trailering them

/ New to tractors and trailering them
Are you buying from the place in Manchester?
Yes I am hopefully, you have good things to say LOL
Kevin seemed very nice spoke to him for about 30min he educated my wife and I.
Like I said we are very new to this.
If you have any advice I am all ears
Thanks so much
Bernie

/ New to tractors and trailering them
I'm sure you've considered this, but in case you haven't - do you actually need a trailer to move your tractor?

You most likely do if you're planning on keeping it in one place and using it elsewhere, but many people don't ever need to move their tractor, barring exceptional circumstances such as needing to take it to the dealer. Your dealer delivers, and assuming you're able to do the general maintenance yourself (grease, oil & filters), it could be years before you need to take the tractor somewhere (I'm at 6 years of "I need a trailer" but still haven't).

Considering the high price of trailers, occasionally renting one may be sufficient, or just having the dealer pick it up as you mention, could probably be done 20 times without getting to the price of a new trailer sufficient for the tractor (let alone paying for another truck).

[Also: if you're able to trailer your tractor, you're able to help people on their land with your tractor. If you can't, you can't. This may or may not be a good thing.]
You know I think once it gets to the property where it will be used I dont think I will need a trailer. Our main concern was getting it there safely.
We were originally buying private where we would have definitely needed a trailer just to get it home.
Now getting it from a Kioti Dealer and they offer the free delivery and mobile service I don't see ever needing one, but I will cross that bridge when I get to it.

My wife was super worried about needing to buy a new truck just to tow the tractor that wont get towed that often or at all.
We have a dual axle trailer that pretty heavy duty it just needs new tires and new lighting, so I will get that in working condition and if all else fails maybe a friend can tow it for us.

Thanks again for everyone's opinions and advice its greatly appreciated.
Bernie

/ New to tractors and trailering them #34  
I want to thank everyone for their help on this matter. Lots of good information.
I went to a Kioti Dealer this weekend and came up with a plan.
First off the CS2220 is just to small for the work we need to do, so we are considering a CK3520 with front loader and backhoe.
I found out they do free delivery and we are only 15min from the Kioti Dealer so that part is taken care of.
I also found out they do mobile service, so when its time to have have maintenance done they will come to me.
It cost a little more than if I took it to them but at least this way I wont have to buy a new truck and a new trailer just to have maintenance done.
Again thank so much for the information and I'm sure I will be visiting this page a lot in the future since I am new to owning a tractor.
Look forward to talking to you all and cant wait to learn a bunch of stuff.
Thanks
Bernie
Excellent news. Best of luck with the new Kioti. FWIW, I would not get the hoe and get a used mini excavator instead. Mine is arriving this week after having years of frustration with trying to use the hoe on my Branson and not having the capacity and maneuverability to get stuff done in a satisfactory and timely manner. Depends on your property and needs but I just wish I had just got the ex years ago.

/ New to tractors and trailering them #35  
It’s a really bad idea to put a person that doesn’t have trailer skills in a truck that is under rated to move things. The end result is never good better off having having the dealer drop off and pick up for service work just saying.

/ New to tractors and trailering them #36  
I'm considering buying a used (27hrs) Kioti CS2210 with the SB2410L and a backhoe. It also has the cab enclosure with heater.
I looked up weight and with the loader its almost 2000lbs but couldn't find the weight for one with the backhoe and enclosure.
First question is will my 2012 Ram 1500 3.7L with the towing package handle towing this tractor and a trailer?
Second question is what size trailer will I need. Does it have to be a dual axle or will a single axle car hauler work just fine. It wont be towed a lot mostly for maintenance and getting it to the property from our home which is 3hrs away. Once its to the land it will be staying there until it needs maintenance.
If more information is needed please let me know and I will post more.
Thanks so much for the help
Bernie
You won’t have a problem. Two axles for sure. Picture is of my 3000# Dexta behind Ram 1500.

Attachments

• IMG_1397.jpeg
    IMG_1397.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 73
   / New to tractors and trailering them #37  
I'm considering buying a used (27hrs) Kioti CS2210 with the SB2410L and a backhoe. It also has the cab enclosure with heater.
I looked up weight and with the loader its almost 2000lbs but couldn't find the weight for one with the backhoe and enclosure.
Could you RENT a truck to move it? Or hire it out? If infrequent (I've had to haul my Kubota in twice in ten years) it is likely worth hiring it out. Is it Under Cover, Lock and Key at 'the land?'

/ New to tractors and trailering them #38  
Welcome to TBN. A lot trailer experience here. You'll get flooded with opinions and ideas.

I wouldn't attempt hauling it with a single axle trailer. I only want to buy the trailer once. So I'd go for a Bumper Pull, tandem axle, 7K lb capacity, 16ft + 2ft dovetail, Car Hauler trailer.
This is exactly what I use for mine with a F-150 7700. Handles great and never had an issue. Also, I have brakes on both axles.

/ New to tractors and trailering them #39  
This is exactly what I use for mine with a F-150 7700. Handles great and never had an issue. Also, I have brakes on both axles.

I saw a 7700 the other day! It's been a while, as Maine isn't kind to vehicles, but seeing that 7 lug rim brought a smile to my face.

/ New to tractors and trailering them #40  
First question is will my 2012 Ram 1500 3.7L with the towing package handle towing this tractor and a trailer?
Second question is what size trailer will I need. Does it have to be a dual axle or will a single axle car hauler work just fine. It wont be towed a lot mostly for maintenance and getting it to the property from our home which is 3hrs away. Once its to the land it will be staying there until it needs maintenance.
If more information is needed please let me know and I will post more.
Thanks so much for the help
Bernie
3.7 or 5.7? Anyways I have a CK3510 with loader, bucket and box blade that I occasionally tow with a Ram 1500 3.0 liter Ecodiesel. Trailer is a tandem axle 7k 20’ tilt bed with electric brakes. Will it tow it? Yes but I take it very easy Likely going to upgrade to a 2500 Cummins diesel I. The future. I also have air bags on the rear of the truck. Be careful!