New to tractors and trailering them

/ New to tractors and trailering them #1  

27acres_BernieIII

Tractor
Kioti CK3720
I'm considering buying a used (27hrs) Kioti CS2210 with the SB2410L and a backhoe. It also has the cab enclosure with heater.
I looked up weight and with the loader its almost 2000lbs but couldn't find the weight for one with the backhoe and enclosure.
First question is will my 2012 Ram 1500 3.7L with the towing package handle towing this tractor and a trailer?
Second question is what size trailer will I need. Does it have to be a dual axle or will a single axle car hauler work just fine. It wont be towed a lot mostly for maintenance and getting it to the property from our home which is 3hrs away. Once its to the land it will be staying there until it needs maintenance.
If more information is needed please let me know and I will post more.
Thanks so much for the help
Bernie

/ New to tractors and trailering them #2  
Welcome to TBN. A lot trailer experience here. You'll get flooded with opinions and ideas.

I wouldn't attempt hauling it with a single axle trailer. I only want to buy the trailer once. So I'd go for a Bumper Pull, tandem axle, 7K lb capacity, 16ft + 2ft dovetail, Car Hauler trailer.

/ New to tractors and trailering them #3  
   / New to tractors and trailering them #4  
dual axle trailer for sure, the truck might be ok for short hauls on flat ground , Stopping is what usually gets people in trouble.

/ New to tractors and trailering them #5  
Your truck can pull it, but it'll be over the rating. Just take it real easy, give space, and use your head.

/ New to tractors and trailering them #6  
I was surprised with the tow ratings... All 3.7L configurations less than 3800 lbs towing.
My take is that a 7k landscape trailer is a good choice, with some trailer capacity to spare.

Tractor / Loader at 2000, say 1000 lbs for the backhoe and cab, + 1500 for the trailer puts the op at 4500 lbs. I doubt a smaller single axle trailer will save that much weight, perhaps 500 lbs or so with the potential of now having to worry about an overloaded trailer.

Years ago I towed my previous tractor around 2000 lbs over the truck tow rating, and it was not a pleasant experience. Now I tow well under ratings.

/ New to tractors and trailering them #7  
I was surprised with the tow ratings... All 3.7L configurations less than 3800 lbs towing.
My take is that a 7k landscape trailer is a good choice, with some trailer capacity to spare.

Tractor / Loader at 2000, say 1000 lbs for the backhoe and cab, + 1500 for the trailer puts the op at 4500 lbs. I doubt a smaller single axle trailer will save that much weight, perhaps 500 lbs or so with the potential of now having to worry about an overloaded trailer.

Years ago I towed my previous tractor around 2000 lbs over the truck tow rating, and it was not a pleasant experience. Now I tow well under ratings.
I suspect that it's dictated by engine size. My Colorado is rated for 7000 or 7500, my Ranger was about the same. Engines in both were bigger than on his full sized truck. As somebody above mentioned he probably will be OK as long as it's short hauls and he's careful. Struggling to pull up a hill is a pain; having the trailer push the truck down the hill is another story altogether.

/ New to tractors and trailering them #8  
Your truck can pull it, but it'll be over the rating. Just take it real easy, give space, and use your head.
And be prepared to have your life ruined if you have an accident and hurt someone if you're overweight...

Honestly, do you want to take that risk? I wouldn't (and don't).

Just because nothing bad happens this time doesn't mean it's a good idea.

/ New to tractors and trailering them #9  
And be prepared to have your life ruined if you have an accident and hurt someone if you're overweight...

Honestly, do you want to take that risk? I wouldn't (and don't).

Just because nothing bad happens this time doesn't mean it's a good idea.
I agree. And, as someone mentioned earlier, pulling a trailer doesn't mean you can stop it. Tow vehicle weight and braking capacity is critical.

/ New to tractors and trailering them #10  
I agree. And, as someone mentioned earlier, pulling a trailer doesn't mean you can stop it. Tow vehicle weight and braking capacity is critical.
Yep. Controlling the trailer is the most important factor. With a half ton truck, a heavy trailer tends to push the truck around. With a heavier truck, the truck controls the trailer.