New to owning a tractor and looking for a tiller!

/ New to owning a tractor and looking for a tiller! #21  
I ran a 54” woods tiller for years behind a 25 hp tractor. The tractor never struggled, but I also wasn’t working ground with rocks in it. There was some hard clay. I wouldn’t have a tiller that isn’t wide enough to cover the rear wheel tracks. When I sold that small tractor and tiller to buy my current machine, I went a different route. I bought a 9 shank 7’ all purpose plow. I use that to prep the ground in the spring, then do the final seedbed prep where needed with a walk behind rear tine tiller. I can use the walk behind to cultivate between row’s during the garden season, but had to do that by hand in the past because the tractor and pto tiller wouldn’t fit between the plants.

/ New to owning a tractor and looking for a tiller! #22  
I run a 5’ King Kutter II tiller behind my 23hp at PTO tractor. Awesome tiller. Tractor powers it no problem. Just go slow and you should be fine. You really want one as wide or wider than your tractor.

/ New to owning a tractor and looking for a tiller! #23  
One of my regular customers.
Done with 1626 shuttle and TSC Tarter 5'
FB_IMG_1647957182006.jpg

/ New to owning a tractor and looking for a tiller! #24  
Since others are adding comments for comparison I have a question also. Kubota, 2009 L3400 Extra power HST,engine 35.7 HP, PTO 28.5 HP would you get a 5 ft or 6 ft tiller?

/ New to owning a tractor and looking for a tiller! #25  
Since others are adding comments for comparison I have a question also. Kubota, 2009 L3400 Extra power HST,engine 35.7 HP, PTO 28.5 HP would you get a 5 ft or 6 ft tiller?
With an HST, I think I would go with the 6' since you can easily regulate your speed depending on load. Also, I've heard the rule of thumb of 5 HP per foot of engagement, which puts you in the upper side of right in between. It also depends on your ground, but you know what you have better than anyone else.

/ New to owning a tractor and looking for a tiller! #26  
I think 6’ would work well for you!

/ New to owning a tractor and looking for a tiller! #28  
I just realized your 1626 is 63 inches wide.
I wouldn't buy the Titan Iron craft 4ft Tiller, it is to narrow.
A tiller that can be off-set to the right to get outside the tire track would be better than the titan.
Even a 5' tiller won't get outside the tire track without being offset.
If it doesn't have to be perfect and you are content with going VERY slow, get a 5' tiller.

By slow I mean, grandma walking on ice slow.

/ New to owning a tractor and looking for a tiller! #29  
Either. I personally like to go about the width of rear wheels.