new to me 03 century 2535

/ new to me 03 century 2535
How do you post video?

Head gasket is going strong! Will recheck torque on head bolts after 25 hours

Any idea on the 3 point bouncing?
i do see that the hydraulic pump go through the front end loader then down to the three point.

hydraulic fluid and filter have been changed. Same before and after.
disconected FEL QD’s cleaned and reconnected. Cycled up and down several times. No change.
adjusted the three point lock knob several different ways and no change.

Last edited:
   / new to me 03 century 2535 #66  
3 point bouncing can be the result of a few different things, the most common is air bring sucked it to the rear from at a fitting or hose connection, it will jump because it tries to pressurize the 3 points internal lift cylinder but it hits an air bubble(s) the loses some of its pressure and tries to correct by re-pressurizing, thus creating the jumping shuddering effect, if all your hose connections and fittings are tight then more than likely the main seal for the cylinder piston or backup ring have gone out and will require replacement, which isn't hard to do its just time consuming

3 point bouncing can be the result of a few different things, the most common is air bring sucked it to the rear from at a fitting or hose connection, it will jump because it tries to pressurize the 3 points internal lift cylinder but it hits an air bubble(s) the loses some of its pressure and tries to correct by re-pressurizing, thus creating the jumping shuddering effect, if all your hose connections and fittings are tight then more than likely the main seal for the cylinder piston or backup ring have gone out and will require replacement, which isn't hard to do its just time consuming
Thanks for the info. Next time I’m out i will looK close at all hoses and fittings. I don’t mind pulling the three point off and rebuilding. Main problem is parts and where to get them.

Quick Question,
Noticed this last time I used it. the power steering is hard to turn sitting still. If you pick the front end up, goes lock to lock easy. sitting on the ground moves but very slow and hard. if you are driving it works fine. I removed the tank and cleaned it. put in new fluid. same issue. at first I thought the steering cylinder is leaking by internally but if that was the case. you would think on the ground or off, there would be resistance. Now I am thinking the pump need rebuilt. what are your guys thoughts. If it's the power steering valves, again you would think it would always do it not just on ground.

/ new to me 03 century 2535 #69  
Quick Question,
Noticed this last time I used it. the power steering is hard to turn sitting still. If you pick the front end up, goes lock to lock easy. sitting on the ground moves but very slow and hard. if you are driving it works fine. I removed the tank and cleaned it. put in new fluid. same issue. at first I thought the steering cylinder is leaking by internally but if that was the case. you would think on the ground or off, there would be resistance. Now I am thinking the pump need rebuilt. what are your guys thoughts. If it's the power steering valves, again you would think it would always do it not just on ground.
Sounds stupid but check the air pressure in your tires. I had a truck (nissan frontier) that did the same thing. I messed with it for hours and could not figure what's wrong. My son started helping me and while watching said "dad the tire looks flat when you turn it". Aired up the tires and problem solved. Hope that's what it is :)

Sounds stupid but check the air pressure in your tires. I had a truck (nissan frontier) that did the same thing. I messed with it for hours and could not figure what's wrong. My son started helping me and while watching said "dad the tire looks flat when you turn it". Aired up the tires and problem solved. Hope that's what it is :)
Sounds just crazy enough to work LOL! What do you guys have your front tire pressures at? I think last I checked they were both 30Psi.