New PT - Initial Impressions

/ New PT - Initial Impressions
<font color=red>The snide remarks in between, well, they were nothing compared to what was said by Marrt.</font color=red>

I wonder want comments you are referring too? To the best of my knowledge, all of my comments were fact based, unless clearly identified as otherwise. In certain circumstances, I could easily see myself buying a Chinese tractor. Just not yet…for me that is….

With regard to this whole “for me” question, I find it rather amusing that people apparently thought I was an expert and was speaking for the population at large, rather than my own opinion. In reality, I suspect this was little more than an excuse to shift the discussion away from the facts and thesis of my underlying argument, to a “what right do you have to tell me what to do or question my decision” discussion. I stand by what I said, although I will fully admit that I should have chosen my words more carefully to avoid the issue all together. Point taken.

Also, I don’t intend to sound condescending or to stir emotions, but I would hope you avoid statements like “try to keep my mouth shut like women are supposed to.” These type of statements only tend to discredit your otherwise valid points. Again, I’m truly not trying to “tell you what statements you should make,” but rather making a suggestion, as others did to me on the whole “for me” argument. One of the great things about this type of site is the diversity of thought. I hope you will continue to post.

/ New PT - Initial Impressions #22  
GO-4-IT,
Seems like you have been here for a while and have read many of the posts /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif. I congratulate your memory and hope you continue to post. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Marrt,
Several months ago I warned you of opening up a can of worms with one of your "not worth the risks" posts. Well, I read GO-4-IT's comments, and didn't take them as a mean spirited poke at you... but I did chuckle at your expense, and for that I am sorry. I know you were just voicing your thoughts on some of the Chinese tractors. Its just that the first time I read them, they came across as Chinese tractor bashing. Only those of us who have read all of your posts (which GO-4-IT obviously has) know that you are sincere in your comments and are not trying to stir up trouble. I think she was just pointing out the irony of how carefully you researched your tractors and now you are the one having some troubles. Murphy's law, I guess? Anyway, I've been away for a while, so I just read how you've been dealing with the battery and such. I'll keep up with you over there.

Smile everybody /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif.

/ New PT - Initial Impressions #23  
<font color=blue>Welcome back MossRoad</font color=blue>

Someone finally understands my point. Although Moss, I have always suspected that you must work for PT. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif I am glad that you and others have found a machine that fits all of your needs. I have also visited your website on more than one occasion. It would be wonderful if all of us could find the perfect machine. I think that the PT must be just amazing, just not for me. I have always believed that what goes up must come down and what goes around comes around. Marrt's comments, observations, and opinions came across as 'bashing'. In my opinion, if he would have started the post with, I don't think xxxx is worth the risk or aren't worth the risk 'for me'. He would have gotten a lot of positive feedback with those brand owners trying to convince him why he should try and maybe buy those brands. A lot of owners were offended right off the bat so the thread turned out to be more of an arguement.

Yes I did have a smile on my face /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif, naw I was grinning from ear to ear /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif, when I read that he was having trouble with his brand new PT. /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif Shame on me, but I just couldn't help myself. If Marrt hadn't started out in the other post as he did, I probably would have felt really bad for him. I am sure that he meant well, it was just in the wording. He seems to have done his homework and found the tractor that suited his needs, but there is always atleast one bad apple in every barrel and someone gets it. I really hope that he gets his probs. solved and has no more. None of us like it when our equipment is broken.

I have been reading the post on TBN for well over a year now and have learned a lot. TBN is the greatest. <font color=red>Thanks to all</font color=red> for their great information. It has helped me a lot.

For future reference. Everyone should remember to choose their wording carefully. None of us can see your facial expressions or body language while you are typing your post.
The sun is shining and the flowers are blooming.

Have a wonderful day.
GO-4-IT

/ New PT - Initial Impressions #24  
David,
Did you ever consider a career in diplomacy?/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ New PT - Initial Impressions #26  
<font color=blue>Yes I did have a smile on my face , naw I was grinning from ear to ear , when I read that he was having trouble with his brand new PT.</font color=blue>

Yes so was I, I just read his other post and made the same type of comment that you did.Then read this thread and noticed someone had allready done it.

Everyone takes pride in what they own And it does'nt take much to offend someone by saying the new tractor they bought is not worth the risk. This is the first time i have seen a PT are they sold here in Canada as well?

/ New PT - Initial Impressions #27  
They are only sold factory direct. Here is a link to their website, <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.power-trac.com>http://www.power-trac.com</A>

They really are great machines and I am very impressed with mine.