New PT - Initial Impressions

/ New PT - Initial Impressions #11  
Marrt: Just another thought for ya here...since this thing is brand spanking new and given that the factory is certainly seems to put the effort into customer service, I'd say talk to the factory about footing the bill for you to take the machine to a lawnmower or tractor shop that can resolve your problems. Given it's brand new, they may be open to that. You never know until you ask, so I'd ask!

Dave

/ New PT - Initial Impressions #12  
<font color=blue>Oh…when you say “all” you mean the TWO tractors I mentioned</font color=blue>
Actually, Marrt, I meant <font color=red>"all"</font color=red> of the research that you did. You did research more than TWO tractors didn't you?
You shouldn't be so defensive. I congratulated you on your purchase and wished you luck with your PT. From what I have read, the PT is an amazing machine. Their dealer does whatever he (they) can to satisfy their customer. I guess that it just goes to show that you can have problems with any brand.
<font color=blue>One thing's for sure, whatever the outcome, I will tell it like it is...the good, the bad, and the ugly.</font color=blue>
This is a good thing. Sometimes it is not what one says, it is how they say it.
Have a wonderful day................

/ New PT - Initial Impressions
Mr: “GO-4-IT”:

Why do you assume I am defensive? I hope I didn’t come across that way. Although its clear that you have read a number of posts on this site, yet somehow never decided to register (or are you purposely deciding to not post under your “real” name /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif), it does look a little suspicious so you may have assumed that I would take your comment as a thinly veiled attack on my decision. Since I don’t know who you are, I have no choice but to take your compliments as genuine. I was just a little concerned that people could mistake your comment as implying that I have concluded that a large number of tractors “aren’t worth the risk.” Not true…only two.

To me, a tractor purchase is not some oblique measurement of manhood or self worth, it’s simply a piece of equipment. I don’t have any particular attachment to my purchase decision and I will be as quick to criticize PT as I will be to praise them. The truth is out there…/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ New PT - Initial Impressions #14  
Nicely said. I have to admit I was feeling defensive with his comments, especialy because he is unregistered. I do feel bad about your problems, if you lived close by I would help you troubleshoot and fix your PT so you could get the same enjoyment we have.

/ New PT - Initial Impressions #15  
PTRich
<font color=blue>I have to admit I was feeling defensive with his comments </font color=blue>
Just wondering why you would be feeling defensive. Since I congratulated Marrt on his purchase, wished him luck with his new PT, said that from what I have read (I've never seen one) that the PT was amazing, and that the company (dealer) did whatever it could to satisfy it's customer./w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif I don't remember getting upset when all chinese tractors were put in one class (junk) because of a little research on the Jinma. I don't remember getting upset because it was said that my Kioti "isn't worth the risk". Men, you're all alike. I have had a lot of time to read all of the post on TBN since I broke my back. I rolled one of ' The Big Three ' and the rops collasped. So much for that. Must have been one of those third world parts that is being discussed.
<font color=blue>because he is unregistered</font color=blue>
First, 'he' is a 'she'. Second, being unregistered is my choice. I am a single, self sufficient, female who likes her privacy. By the way, we have the same (real) last name./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Have a wonderful day........

/ New PT - Initial Impressions #16  
It was because of the comment "maybe you should have done more research" and also "are'nt worth the risk". Anyone who buys a PT does so because of extensive research and they are taking a risk for variouse reasons (small company, very different design and implements must be PT). I have been a member for 2 years now (I was WillingtonPizza) and have never had my trust broken. No email, phone calls or letters. Perhaps if you were registered we could call you "she". Women are not all alike, niether are men. I think some of the comments made on the Kioti website were unwarrented, most of the people on TBN will always tell someone to "buy the one you are most comfortable with". I would have bought a Kioti if they had a hydrastatic transmission, something I would be "comfortable with".

/ New PT - Initial Impressions #17  
<font color=red>GO-4-IT: Men, you're all alike.</font color=red>

Sounds to me like you're the one with the prejudice problem, doesn't it? Then again, perhaps you're right: we're all rational, logical, and make decisions based on facts rather than emotions. In that case, I'll have to agree with you.

Regards,
Dave

/ New PT - Initial Impressions #18  
<font color=blue>we're all rational, logical, and make decisions based on facts rather than emotions</font color=blue>

Not me!....I got caught up in this zealous chatter about how great PT's are, got carried away with PT fervor and now I'm buying the biggest one I could find for my budget! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Thinly veiled attacks aside, clearly anyone "could" choose to take umbrage over the way someone (M or F) expresses themselves, but the gentler side in all doesn't do so easily.(goodness knows I've made several offhand comments on TBN that tromped on toes, but no one tackled me over it)

As I see it, Go-4-It probably isn't seeking a scrap....she simply stumbled into a group with an understandable amount of brand loyalty (justification for why we choose to purchase an innovative off-brand?)....but this forum is oriented towards well meaning communication, education and tractor knowledge, not prejudices or gender issues, right?/w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif

/ New PT - Initial Impressions #20  
<font color=blue>we're all rational, logical, and make decisions based on facts rather than emotions.</font color=blue>
/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif And I suppose that you really believe that./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif
Actually, I don't think that all men are alike. I have run across a few good men in my life time. I have found that one way to get a man's attention is to say that they are all alike. Saying that is like researching one Chinese tractor and then assuming that they are all junk. What is the old saying? One man's junk is another mans treasure. It seems that after the research was done and all of the comments about some brands not being worth the risk, a new tractor was purchased and with only three hours on it. The battery leaked and ruined the paint, the fan fuse blew and the hydraulic fluid over heated, nuts and bolts were falling off ect. It just goes to show that stuff can happen. That doesn't mean that PT's aren't worth the risk. If I would have started a thread saying that, I would have had PT owners all over me. After reading all of the 'not worth the risk' post, that are still going on by the way, it was hard to not say anything at all. I read all of these post from someone telling me and the world (well almost the whole world) that my tractors were more or less junk with out ever seeing them. My congrats and good luck were sincere. The snide remarks in between, well, they were nothing compared to what was said by Marrt. My tractors have done what I have wanted them to when I wanted them to do it. 1300hrs combined trouble free. I am sure that if Marrt would have know that he would buy a tractor and that after 3hrs of service he had to work on it for 5 hrs. He may have started next 'not worth the risk' thread. Just maybe added 'to me' at the end of it. I can't say that I would blame him. I would be highly pi$$ed. Anything that I buy brand new, I'm not working on it. The dealer can send me all the parts he wants to, overnight freight. I'M NOT working on it. Atleast my dealer is right down the road and if anything breaks he will come and pick it up and fix it. He sells Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Indian and the mixture of purple tractor. Parts & service are no problem. My opinion is,,, I didn't take a very big risk. Now if I were to buy a PT, from my point of view, 'I' maybe taking a bigger risk.
That said, I will bow out, continue to read, and try to keep my mouth shut like women are supposed to.
Have a wonderful day gentlemen.