New mower arrived. Yeehaaah

/ New mower arrived. Yeehaaah #31  
I purchased a new z412kw-48 today. That is one comfortable seat. I cannot wait to mow for the first time

/ New mower arrived. Yeehaaah
Congratulations on your new ZT. Plenty of water and fertilizer will keep you busy. LOL.

/ New mower arrived. Yeehaaah #33  
Congratulations on your new ZT. Plenty of water and fertilizer will keep you busy. LOL.

Thanks. Looking forward to the first mow. Fertilizer is like gold these days.

/ New mower arrived. Yeehaaah #34  
I am looking at at z412kw-48. I would appreciate any and all opinions and experiences with that machine.

Thank you
We just picked up our new Kubota Z412KW-48 last weekend. First time ever even sitting on a ZT mower. Naturally, I felt like a spastic, and still pretty much just creep along until I learn 'how' to drive it. On the other hand, I love the way I can swing around, double-back, or just go in conventional patterns.

Incidentally, we purposely decided on limiting the size to 48" so we can get in between the many trees and shrubs on our lawn. Even so, we expect to spend less time mowing on the ZT than we've done with our previous Husqvarna 52" tractor type mower.

I looked at at least 12 different brands & models, and read tons of reviews on every make an model. The deciding factor was the fine reliable service I gotten from my 13-year old Kubota tractor, and the fine service my local dealer has provided for the last 40 years.

I expect to receive many years of reliable service out of our new Kubota ZT.

/ New mower arrived. Yeehaaah #35  
It'll be a short learning curve...just watch out on slopes and low hanging branches

/ New mower arrived. Yeehaaah #36  
We just picked up our new Kubota Z412KW-48 last weekend. First time ever even sitting on a ZT mower. Naturally, I felt like a spastic, and still pretty much just creep along until I learn 'how' to drive it. On the other hand, I love the way I can swing around, double-back, or just go in conventional patterns.
See my post #6 in this thread.

Don't get 'cocky'! ;)

/ New mower arrived. Yeehaaah #37  
I bought a Z274 in 2015 (I think). Love it now but that thing is scary fast. Almost totaled it the first time i got on it. Now cutting with it is 2nd nature.

/ New mower arrived. Yeehaaah
It'll be a short learning curve...just watch out on slopes and low hanging branches
Just re-reading this Roy and you struck a nerve.
I forgot about the ROPS one day and went under a Pawpaw tree. Took a branch off which came down and wedged me in somehow and broke a rib. Hurt pretty bad.
I am more careful now but still forget about that ROPs sometimes. Good for trimming frangipani branches. LOL
I now have over 37 hours on it and summer is nearly here. I use it in a few paddocks where I had to use the tractor and flail before. It is twice as quick especially around trees etc. I really enjoy mowing now and it is very economical based on time/fuel saved. My dogs still ride along but might have to get earmuffs for them.
I've had 2 people approach me to buy my old Kawasaki powered ride-on but I won't part with that even though it is nearly 20 years old. Too handy for those little jobs.

Last edited:
   / New mower arrived. Yeehaaah #39  
Soon. He will be mowing the neighbors yard _lol