New mower arrived. Yeehaaah

/ New mower arrived. Yeehaaah #1  

Alien

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30 HST
Still got the old Husqvarna ride-on but this will speed things up a bit. Only took 4 weeks from when I ordered it. My dogs love it. They sit between my feet.

20220207_180455.jpg

/ New mower arrived. Yeehaaah #2  
That's a really fine mower. Gas or diesel - ? I have two mowers. The old one is used like it was a rotary mower - tall grass and brush.

/ New mower arrived. Yeehaaah #3  
Kubota makes a really nice zero turn. When I was shopping, it came down to Kubota or Skag. In hindsight, I probably should have gone with Kubota. Skag has been non stop electrical problems.

/ New mower arrived. Yeehaaah
I looked at several brands. Husky, Hustler, Ferris, Cox and some box store ones. Ferris was another 50% dearer and most of the others were a bit dearer as well and nowhere near the quality of Kubota. I have a mate who has owned a few and he has a Kubota and a Husky. He pointed out the differences. Kubota was way ahead. He let me try his out and that convinced me. Anyway, the dogs absolutely love being on it and they can sit safely with no risk and I love their company.

Oosik, it's gas. Couldn't justify a diesel when I already have a tractor and flail and a older ride-on. :)
2.7 hours on it now so I'm getting the hang of it.

/ New mower arrived. Yeehaaah #6  
Good stuff and congrats!
They (z-turns) do take a wee bit of practice to get the hang of steering, once you've set up the seat distance and lever height/angle.
I've figured out to rest my elbows on the arm-rests, keep a steady speed on the left lever and 'steer' with the right lever... for the most part. FUN!

Yeah wagtail. I worked out that once I have the speed set you only need to nudge the other to keep it straight. I'm really liking it.

/ New mower arrived. Yeehaaah #8  
Congrats. Looks great.

/ New mower arrived. Yeehaaah #10  
Nice mower Allen! What will you be doing with all the time you will be saving? :)