New mini x. Traded kx040 for u48-5.

/ New mini x. Traded kx040 for u48-5.
Well maybe not. I just know about the state fuel thing.

/ New mini x. Traded kx040 for u48-5. #12  
Congrats on the brand new machine, you must like that new excavator cab smell 😀 . I’m wondering how the hydraulic multi functioning/flow sharing is compared to your KX040? Does Kubota use a closed center load sensing or open center LS?

It is a little better with multi function use(tracks and boom together). The 040 at full throttle would “stall” pretty hard when using tracks and moving boom. I’ve only got 6 hours on it at 2/3 throttle and it doesn’t jerk near as bad when traveling and booming, but it does pull down flow. I’m not running at full throttle yet til a little break in time. Not sure it’s really needed but kubota always calls for 1/2 throttle for 50 hours on all their stuff. The turntable is quite a bit faster/stronger. Tracks are not faster. Really won’t know till I dig on job site to know difference. Overall the machine just feels bigger. I’ll be able to tell performance differences once the new smell dissipates a little, but there is a difference in hydraulic feel.

Last edited:
   / New mini x. Traded kx040 for u48-5. #14  
Congrats…nice machine. Your story and reasoning sound similar to mine. i moved from a Bobcat e42 to a Bobcat e50. With larger and wider undercarriage the e50 is much more stable and capable.

Other than the radio install, first thing I’ve done is put a chain hook on it. Super handy. It’s tucked under and out of the way. Went to 5 different places trying to find a weld on hook and nothing. Used to see them at places. I bought a regular one and cut/grinded it to fit on the rounded back any way so a flat weld on hook wasn’t that important. Another handy thing to have is a Crane scale. Nice to be able to weigh random heavy things. Mine is 2000lb scale.

I’m on the hunt for the rear camera kit but it’s not available without ordering, meaning not in stock in the US. Hopefully it comes more available and shows up on eBay so it’s cheaper.

Attachments

• 671F7D8E-D4A2-43E5-9128-D9CE40A47658.jpeg
    671F7D8E-D4A2-43E5-9128-D9CE40A47658.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 100
  • E778DE64-6FC5-4A6C-837E-97354F70AC59.jpeg
    E778DE64-6FC5-4A6C-837E-97354F70AC59.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 99
Last edited:
   / New mini x. Traded kx040 for u48-5. #16  
I’ve never had any luck either locally purchasing weld on hooks either. Amazon has them along with eBay. I have a 2” receiver on the blade of mine and it’s really handy.

/ New mini x. Traded kx040 for u48-5. #17  
Other than the radio install, first thing I’ve done is put a chain hook on it. Super handy. It’s tucked under and out of the way. Went to 5 different places trying to find a weld on hook and nothing. Used to see them at places. I bought a regular one and cut/grinded it to fit on the rounded back any way so a flat weld on hook wasn’t that important. Another handy thing to have is a Crane scale. Nice to be able to weigh random heavy things. Mine is 2000lb scale.

I’m on the hunt for the rear camera kit but it’s not available without ordering, meaning not in stock in the US. Hopefully it comes more available and shows up on eBay so it’s cheaper.
Price and availability of weld on hooks is one of many reasons I bought a small plasma table.

Due to your post I am looking into a crane scale. Which model do you have? Can you read it from the operator station on the U48?

Here's a pic of the hooks I make.

20220613_095834[1].jpg

Last edited:
I’ve never had any luck either locally purchasing weld on hooks either. Amazon has them along with eBay. I have a 2” receiver on the blade of mine and it’s really handy.
For moving trailers?

Price and availability of weld on hooks is one of many reasons I bought a small plasma table.

Due to your post I am looking into a crane scale. Which model do you have? Can you read it from the operator station on the U48?
I believe this is the model. You can see it as long as its facing you of coarse.checked it against other scales and it’s accurate.